Thread: Ooops! Just deleted all of my friends!

Blog Entries

Default Ooops! Just deleted all of my friends!

I am bad about stopping by without signing in. Well, I signed in and was accepting a new friend request and it appears that I somehow accidentally deleted everyone else. Nothing personal! If that was you I apologize.

Surely I am not the first to do that. Am I?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ooops! Just deleted all of my friends!

This sounds like a software hiccup, we shouldn't be able to accidentally delete all of our friends with a single adding action.

I'd suggest talking with Cafe' support people about this in the "Forum Software Support" forum... If there's a bug that allows this to happen, Cafe' support people should be aware of it. They may also have a way of recovering your friends.

Good luck!
    -- Don

"Music: A minor auditory irritation occasionally characterized as pleasant."
    "It is a lot more fun to make music than it is to argue about it."

2002 Gibson F-9
    2016 MK LFSTB
    1975 Suzuki taterbug (plus many other noisemakers)
    [About how I tune my mandolins]
    [Our recent arrival]

Sometimes in life we need to do that in order to move on, or risk being stymied in our growth.

but that's just me Bertram Henze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Petrus View Post
    Sometimes in life we need to do that in order to move on, or risk being stymied in our growth.

the world is better off without bad ideas, good ideas are better off without the world

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Never understood the internet so-called "friends" thing anyway.

Guess I'm old-school, (CAUTION: geezerette alert!) but around here a friend is someone you comes to visit you when you're in the hospital. Or you go water their plants when they're on vacation. You work on projects together, have coffee or tea together, go to potlucks and other social functions, bump into each other in the local store or Post Office. You go to each others' houses to visit, or you call each other on the phone and talk for hours.

You don't need to be internet "friends" with them because you see each other in real life. It always amuses me when there's a website link "See what your friends like", um, why not just *ask* them, if they're actually real friends?

Seems that the word "friend" is thrown about rather loosely these days by the Facebook set and other social media addicts, so that now the word "friend" pretty much means nothing anymore. That unfortunate concept of "friend" seems to be spreading onto other formerly-more-sensible websites too.

And something else. I'm always wary of people who try to get too chummy too fast, like has happened a number of times in real life (not internet fantasy land) with people who all of a sudden decide that I'm their new best friend forever, I'm like whoa wait a minute, who *are* you, I don't even know you, slow down there. Acquaintances first, then maybe later, if they're not total flakes, might be more into the friends category. But it's not instant like clicking a button on some website, and it actually means something.

</insomniac geezerette mumblings>

6. The following members say thank you to Jess L. for this post:

jasona 

but that's just me Bertram Henze's Avatar

That's just a birdhouse in your soul

the world is better off without bad ideas, good ideas are better off without the world