Thread: one for the Donal Lunny fans

Default one for the Donal Lunny fans

Donal accompanying Frank Harte on "Spanish Lady," 1996:

http://www.rte.ie/archives/2015/0127...-spanish-lady/
    "But wasn't it all stupid nonsense, rot, gibberish, and criminally fraudulent nincompoopery?"
    - Neal Stephenson, Quicksilver

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike Anderson For This Useful Post:

Default Re: one for the Donal Lunny fans

Lovely...

Nice one Mike, Frank and Donal did some lovely albums together. There a pretty recent CD release from the 2 of them of previously unreleased material. As far as I know its a bit of a mixture of live performances and demos.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Reinhardt View Post
    Nice one Mike, Frank and Donal did some lovely albums together. There a pretty recent CD release from the 2 of them of previously unreleased material. As far as I know its a bit of a mixture of live performances and demos.

John
    Thanks John, I think that must be "When Adam Was In Paradise" from last year, I have all his other albums I think. I'll grab that one eventually but am waiting for 2 disks from Custy's right now, both featuring Cyril O'Donoghue. Never enough Irish bouzouki!
    "But wasn't it all stupid nonsense, rot, gibberish, and criminally fraudulent nincompoopery?"

You said it Mike, the Bouzouki reigns supreme!!! By the way, Frank Harte's son who is also an Architect like Frank, works in my building. It's a small world, well it is here in Ireland anyhow!!! Have played with Cyril a few times, a long long time ago. He's a mainstay of sessions in the Clare region and has appeared on a loada CDs. Has a really nice voice as well. Think he's playing a Manson now.

Another nice bouzouki player from that neck of the woods is Pat Marsh, similar enough in style to Cyril .

John

You said it Mike, the Bouzouki reigns supreme!!! By the way, Frank Harte's son who is also an Architect like Frank, works in my building. It's a small world, well it is here in Ireland anyhow!!! Have played with Cyril a few times, a long long time ago. He's a mainstay of sessions in the Clare region and has appeared on a loada CDs. Has a really nice voice as well. Think he's playing a Manson now.

Another nice bouzouki player from that neck of the woods is Pat Marsh, similar enough in style to Cyril .

John
    Thanks for the info about Pat Marsh, there's a player I don't know. And yep, Mr O'Donoghue is playing a Manson.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15170960_10208441707300039_7009018354700264865_n.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	110.6 KB 
ID:	153839

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13325492_1095469633850482_8485961795813369384_n.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	68.6 KB 
ID:	153840

Nice photos Mike, did you take them??? Unusual looking Manson. I've never seen one with a round hole before. Yeah Pat Marsh is a tasty bouzouki player. Brother of Josephine Marsh accordion player who has a beautiful easy on the ear style of playing. She's well worth a listen to.

John

Nice photos Mike, did you take them??? Unusual looking Manson. I've never seen one with a round hole before. Yeah Pat Marsh is a tasty bouzouki player. Brother of Josephine Marsh accordion player who has a beautiful easy on the ear style of playing. She's well worth a listen to.

John
    Nah, none of the pics I post will be taken by me, I'm just good at finding stuff on the web.

You mean the Josephine Marsh in this video?

10. The following members say thank you to Mike Anderson for this post:

https://www.facebook.com/noel.eccles...2016694836207/

A live clip of Moving Hearts playing 'The Lark'. Completely and utterly brilliant!
    David A. Gordon

12. The following members say thank you to Dagger Gordon for this post:

Oh Lord... I haven't seen those guys since about 1983... must dig out the photos. That was the first time I met Donal in the flesh.
    Now I'm going to have to dig out 'The Storm' LP again...
    "Danger! Do Not Touch!" must be one of the scariest things to read in Braille....