Thread: Limiting Playback to One Video/Sound File

Default Limiting Playback to One Video/Sound File

Last time I posted a link here to a video on my YouTube site, after the video played then it went on to play other videos on my site. YouTube Help said I could add something to the name of the file posted here so it would only play the one file, but that did not work. And I could not find a way to delete the video here and start over. I had a similar problem a while back with a link to a sound file on Sound Cloud. What am I doing wrong? How do I limit playback to the one file?
    Tom

"Feel the wood."
    Luthier Page: Facebook

Blog Entries

Default Re: Limiting Playback to One Video/Sound File

Need to see the video in question and where your link to it is, both.

EDIT: YouTube's instructions on disabling auto-play for both desktop and mobile devices. Tested and it works for us.
    Last edited by Mandolin Cafe; Dec-26-2016 at 11:14pm.

Thanks Scott. After a little more searching, it appears that if I make a video, say, of a new mandolin and post it on YouTube, I can't make it available publicly without all the other public videos I've posted there being subject to the autoplay feature. The person watching the video can stop the autoplay and auto suggestions or not, but I can't prevent it in the first place from my end. At least that's the way I understand it now. Maybe the solution is for me to have separate channels on YouTube with one dedicated to mandolins. I was hoping that someone has found a good solution, but maybe there isn't one. I'll locate that last video and point you to it.
    Tom

"Feel the wood."

Blog Entries

YouTube will allow that to be turned off, but the issue is, everywhere you post is likely going to have different rules of embedding. So what works here isn't going to help you if you run over to Reddit or Facebook, Twitter and post the same. For instance, we could craft up some custom BB Code to handle it from here, but it likely won't help you elsewhere. And how many people really want or need to do that? We have like 2-3 people on the entire forum that post to SoundCoud, maybe. The more you attempt to control web sites, the more roadblocks you're going to run into. YouTube wants your attention because one rule can equate to millions of more hours spent on their site. I wouldn't worry about it so much. Not many want to see your Christmas dinner video or you and the kids at the local swimming pool after watching you play a fiddle tune. Just our opinion.

Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTxb6UUnJds

Thanks for helping me understand it better. I went ahead and opened another channel on YouTube. So far that seems to help.
    Tom

"Feel the wood."

Blog Entries

You do know that YouTube will show other related videos from other users though. It won't stop the process. Only individual users can choose for that to happen, and only if they know how to turn it off. It's without question the vast majority of them do not.

For anybody who might be interested, a combination of creating a new "brand" channel within my account and making all my previous videos "private" results (seemingly) in YouTube showing other related videos but not my other videos. I know most mandolin viewers don't want to watch me play the symphonic gong, but still I'd rather exclude that from the outset. Maybe there is a better place to park these videos that I don't know about?
    Tom

"Feel the wood."