Thread: E Mando player intro.

Default E Mando player intro.

I left an introduction in the general topic area and thought I would do the same here. I'm a retired small business man plunging toward 70 and have been playing mandolin for a few years after a long absence from music. In my younger years, until Uncle Sam came calling, I was lead guitarist in a rock an roll band. I have two e-mandos, a Fender mandostrat, and most recently a Blue Star 5 string Mandoblaster. My current favroite style is classical...I know some are rolling their eyes, however, give Bach's third cello prelude a whirl using delay and/or reverb, move it down one string to give that low C string a workout, and you'll understand my passion. At another time I'd like to give the Mandoblaster a complete review, the good, the bad, and the ugly, as I was unable to find anything but cursory comments on the instrument. Something in depth might be helpful to others. As you can see, being retired, with time on my hands, I often get long winded, so I'll close with a friendly handshake and cheerful hello. I look forward to meeting and exchanging ideas with everyone here.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenny A For This Useful Post:

Default Re: E Mando player intro.

Welcome! And, Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring on my mandobird with a lot of distortion is a lot of fun...
    Chuck

Hi Kenny, welcome!
    You seem to have some nice mandos.
    I own a Electric Octave Baritone, which mainly plays the role of a guitar in my Jazzband, as I'm too lazy to learn how to play the guitar. It's fun playing electric, and the Bari always gets the thumbs up, wherever I take it!
    Have fun on the Cafe, it's a great place.

Best,
    Martin
    Mandolins: 1920s (?) Meinel & Herold Bowlback, 2006 Furch "Redwood MA-1" A5

Octaves: 2004 Fender FMO-66 Flat-Top, 2015 A. Karperien 5 String Electric

Banjos: 2007 Gold Tone IT-250F Irish Tenor, 1963 Vega Vox No. 1 Plectrum, 2016 Recording King RK-OT25 Clawhammer

Blog Entries

I thought you might be interested: http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/sh...es-electrified

In addition, I recently got that Blue Star 5 string mandoblaster. And I have some mixed feelings about it. I will be very interested to hear your thoughts.
    A talent for trivializin' the momentous and complicatin' the obvious.

The entire staff
    funny....

Quote Originally Posted by JeffD View Post
    I thought you might be interested: http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/sh...es-electrified

In addition, I recently got that Blue Star 5 string mandoblaster. And I have some mixed feelings about it. I will be very interested to hear your thoughts.
    Thanks for the link, Jeff. I enjoyed watching the video and reading the comments. I'll try to put a review on the Blue Star this Sunday and post it. Keep an eye out and you can give your thoughts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny A View Post
    My current favroite style is classical...I know some are rolling their eyes, however, give Bach's third cello prelude a whirl using delay and/or reverb, move it down one string to give that low C string a workout, and you'll understand my passion.
    And why not:

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tavy For This Useful Post:

Thank you for that video, Tavy. That's an amazing instrument you've put together with a great voice. I think Bach really had the mandolin in mind when he wrote but the banjo player convinced hin to Change it to violin and cello. Always blame it on the banjo player.