Thread: Leo S Wood armrests

Default Leo S Wood armrests

I just added a Leo Wood armrest to my new Kimble A5. This is a great design, beautifully made and very comfortable. I found him on eBay and have the highest recommendation for his work. Check it out if you need a rest

2. The following members say thank you to mcgroup53 for this post:

Default Re: Leo S Wood armrests

His website is pretty well set out for orders. I haven't used one of his armrests, but they certainly look good. It's Leo's Wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron McMillan View Post
    His website is pretty well set out for orders. I haven't used one of his armrests, but they certainly look good. It's Leo's Wood.
    Those look really nice. Also learned some words on that website: "membranophones" "lamellophones"
    Kentucky km900
    Yamaha piano, clarinet, violin; generic cello;
    a pedal steel (highly recommended); banjo, dobro don't get played much cause i'm considerate ;}

Shopping/monitoring prices: vibraphone/marimbas, rhodes, synths, Yamaha brass and double reeds

I ordered an armrest directly from his website about three weeks ago. I contacted him recently for an ETA, worded very politely as I'm not complaining, just curious. After not getting a reply, I messaged him on eBay. No reply there, either.

Hopefully I get my armrest, or at least a reply soon.
    Soliver arm rested and Tone-Garded Northfield Model M with D’Addario NB 11.5-41, picked with a Wegen Bluegrass 1.4

He had a problem with his lathe and had to replace it. Mine was delayed for that reason. He was very helpful and apologetic about the delay.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mcgroup53 For This Useful Post:

I really hope I hear something. His armrests look great and you can't beat the price. The one I ordered is a gift for my dad, and if I like it, I'm buying one for myself. As is, I'm a little hesitant to send more money as of yet...
    Soliver arm rested and Tone-Garded Northfield Model M with D’Addario NB 11.5-41, picked with a Wegen Bluegrass 1.4

9. The following members say thank you to MediumMando5722 for this post:

I ordered an armrest from Leo through Etsy on July 1. The following message accompanied the receipt of the order (I can wait a while):

"Thank you for your order! This is just a quick message to let you know that it might take me a little longer than usual to get your order out to you. My mom was diagnosed with terminal cancer and is receiving in home Hospice care right now. So please bear with me through it! Thank you!
    Leo"

11. The following members say thank you to meow-n-dolin for this post:

Wow... I'll continue being patient. Thanks for the heads up.

Yw.

I got an email from Leo earlier this evening. My armrest is in the mail. I'll be chiming back in on this once it arrives.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MediumMando5722 For This Useful Post:

I have used them and agree they are great armrests and top quality. He generally uses a different type of clamp which secures just as well as any other and may be more beneficial to certain users. Quality is on par with other leading makers. The finish I have seen is less glossy and more of a thin satin finish if any. From my experience, Leo's armrest is larger and sits at a higher profile than say a McClung. I prefer the later so far but the specs of the Leo armrest may satisfy and help other players more. His customer service seems to be excellent under normal circumstances. As far as quality, comfort and looks go I personally would highly recommend Leo's armrests.

My armrests arrived today. I fitted one on my Eastman (the other is for my dad's Doyle Lawson F5), and in two seconds I was hooked. All the hype about arm positioning is spot on and it looks classy as hell, too.

I'm gonna buy one of his fancy figured kazoos because I like the armrest so much.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MediumMando5722 For This Useful Post:

I'm glad you guys like yours, I wasn't so fortunate. I bought one from Ebay in 2014, and just could not get it to fit right on the Eastman I had. I ended up having to reshape it, and refinish it. I like the McClung I have now much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Bowsman View Post
    I ordered an armrest directly from his website about three weeks ago. I contacted him recently for an ETA, worded very politely as I'm not complaining, just curious. After not getting a reply, I messaged him on eBay. No reply there, either.

Hopefully I get my armrest, or at least a reply soon.
    Did you ever get your armrest?

Quote Originally Posted by jhammond View Post
    I have used them and agree they are great armrests and top quality. He generally uses a different type of clamp which secures just as well as any other and may be more beneficial to certain users. Quality is on par with other leading makers. The finish I have seen is less glossy and more of a thin satin finish if any. From my experience, Leo's armrest is larger and sits at a higher profile than say a McClung. I prefer the later so far but the specs of the Leo armrest may satisfy and help other players more. His customer service seems to be excellent under normal circumstances. As far as quality, comfort and looks go I personally would highly recommend Leo's armrests.
    Thank you, since this post I've thinned my armrests out considerably so that they don't sit so high off the instrument.

Quote Originally Posted by LeosWood View Post
    Did you ever get your armrest?
    Yes. I'd ordered one for my dad, and you sent me his and a second for me. According to the dating on the posts above, it took a little over a month for me to get them. I've been enjoying mine for almost 2 years now, and I still want to order a kazoo at some point

Glad to see you here, and I hope life is getting somewhat back into order.