Thread: Anyone with video of Monroe they shot? - Video Project need

Question Anyone with video of Monroe they shot? - Video Project need

Hi folks. I'm working on a first stage of a video project and would like to find 30 seconds or less of Big Mon doing a hot break. It should be footage you shot yourself and have rights to. We are just doing a promotional "sizzle reel" to sell the concept of the video to funding agencies, so we are not at a point to be able to pay much of anything for the rights for the clip, (other than a credit) but if we get the project funded we'd be glad to pay for useage of the clip. It does not have to be High Def, and it even can be black and white. The main thing we are trying to convey is the excitement and power his solos brought to the music. There's lots of stuff on Youtube but I'm not convinced those folks posting those clips have the rights to do that.

If you do think you have something worth sending over to us, please contact me here in a private message.

Thanks in advance

Forum member and mandolin/bandolim player
    Al Bergstein
    Mountainstone Productions
    Port Townsend
    Al in PT

Loarcutus of MandoBorg DataNick's Avatar

Default Re: Anyone with video of Monroe they shot? - Video Project need

Contact Michelle Putnam or James Stiltner; both are on Facebook.

They each have "private" video footage of Bill Monroe, and I know that Michelle personally shot a lot of what they have.

Good Luck with your project!
    1994 Gibson F5L - Weber signed

"Mandolin brands are a guide, not gospel! I don't drink koolaid and that Emperor is naked!"
    "If you wanna get soul Baby, you gots to get the scroll..."
    "I would rather play music anyday for the beggar, the thief, and the fool!"
    "Perfection is not attainable; but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence" Vince Lombardi
    Playing Style: RockMonRoll Desperado Bluegrass Desperado YT Channel

Default Re: Anyone with video of Monroe they shot? - Video Project need

Thanks very much. I'll be doing a more formal announcement, perhaps even a Kickstarter, later in the year if all goes well.

Al
    Al in PT

4. The following members say thank you to Al Bergstein for this post: