Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lyon Healy mandolin

Default Re: Lyon Healy mandolin

Quote Originally Posted by allenhopkins View Post
    The Cafe accepts classified advertising from members here. You might want to post here before going on an auction site, as you'll have a guaranteed readership of mandolin enthusiasts.
    To clarify on Allen's post: don't post the ad here on this thread. The admins will close this thread down if you do. You can post it in the classifieds ad section.
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jim Garber For This Useful Post:

If you list a mandolin on an auction site, you are not allowed to discuss it here on the Cafe discussion boards, although you could list it simultaneously in the Classifieds and on the auction site. Basically, the Cafe doesn't allow members to directly promote their own sales in the discussion forum.

Note that if you list something on eBay, you end up paying about 13 percent in fees, whereas the Cafe's fee for its Classifieds is a suggested donation of only 2 percent. It's wise to give the Classifieds a go first before resorting to auction sites.
    Emando.com: More than you wanted to know about electric mandolins.

Notorious: My Celtic CD--listen & buy!

Lyon & Healy • Wood • Thormahlen • Andersen • Bacorn • Yanuziello • Fender • National • Gibson • Franke • Fuchs • Aceto • Three Hungry Pit Bulls

Thanks to everyone - Allen, Jim, MrMando for the info and advice. I am a rabid collector of saxophones and own 31 of the little devils. I don't know if you call it "GAS" in this Mando arena like the sax community does. (Gear Acquisition Syndrome). I do play guitar and I also build vintage style tube guitar amplifiers. I've been doing that for about 16 years. But, Mandolins were out of my wheelhouse.

I don't think Karen every mentioned these details. This all started in Jan 2016 when a friend of theirs saw this Mandolin and offered her 500 bucks for it. I feel a lot better now that it has been thoroughly evaluated. We are all retired, so we have more time than money. Again, thanks for the help and your time! William O

5. The following members say thank you to Willy O for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Willy O View Post
    ... I am a rabid collector of saxophones and own 31 of the little devils. ...
    31 saxophones!

And I thought I had it bad with a few dozen late-1800s and early 1900s banjos etc, many years ago. That was before I downsized to what I could fit onto a boat when I decided to do that lifestyle for a while. Less storage space, like almost no storage space, had to thin the herd to the bare essentials.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy O View Post
    ... I don't know if you call it "GAS" in this Mando arena like the sax community does. (Gear Acquisition Syndrome). ...
    The term I generally see around this site is "MAS" (Mandolin Acquisition Syndrome)...