Thread: Calling all Warren Ellis Tenor Owners

Default Calling all Warren Ellis Tenor Owners

This guitar's been out for a while now. How long have you had it? Do you still like it? How has fit/finish held up over time? Is the single blade pickup flexible enough for different kinds of music, or is it a one trick pony?

Default Re: Calling all Warren Ellis Tenor Owners

Quote Originally Posted by thx712517 View Post
    This guitar's been out for a while now. How long have you had it? Do you still like it? How has fit/finish held up over time? Is the single blade pickup flexible enough for different kinds of music, or is it a one trick pony?
    Love mine. It's the two pickup model. Fit/finish is great and it's holding up well, although I don't play it a lot. Here's a little demo:

https://soundcloud.com/hucklebilly/t...3-23-15-329-pm

What's the weight like? Is it neck-heavy or does it balance well on the strap? I'm trying to decide between the Warren Ellis, the Astrojet, or a hypothetical Tenor-Telecaster.

I'm curious about this instrument too. Does it come tuned to viola/mandola tuning?
    Seems like the scale is long and the strings might be tight for this tuning, unless the strings are pretty light.

I'm debating getting a tenor guitar or their Airline mandola.

Quote Originally Posted by thx712517 View Post
    What's the weight like? Is it neck-heavy or does it balance well on the strap? I'm trying to decide between the Warren Ellis, the Astrojet, or a hypothetical Tenor-Telecaster.
    It's pretty substantial weight-wise, but well balanced. I got a good deal on Ebay and took the plunge. I like it, but I don't have anything to compare it to. It's a well made instrument that sounds good. Some people complain that the string spacing is a little wide, but I look at like a challenge. It's an instrument that is different from my other guitars and mandolins, so I have to approach it differently, but the payoff is that I get different kinds of sounds from it.

It's good that it balances. I had an SG that went for the floor whenever I let go of the neck. As far as weight goes, are we talking 7, 8, 9 pounds?