Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Oates Lack of Customer Service

I went to Mandolin Brothers last week (for the first time) with a friend, and there was the infamous Ron-O 5-string hanging on the wall. I thought that it was a very fine instrument-lovely to look at, great-sounding, easy to play, and with a C string that stayed in tune... Fortunately, my electric mandolin requirements are well-taken care of
    elsewhere.
    http://www.sojournerrecords.net
    Check out the Michael Lampert Schwab Mandolin

Chalk me up as another Rono customer who hasn't heard from him in weeks. At least I know that it's not just me! It is pretty relieving to hear that he is still sending them out/building them. Other than actually recieving the mandolin, has noone heard from Ron since May?

I'm going to send another letter , this time spend $5 for the return reciept, seems though a SASE required a tiny effort,even it was not expended from that end.
    If that won't get any reply ,perhaps one may hope, Rocky Flats Nuke factory must have mutated a Godzilla Avenger Monster to come to my aid, ( though I've,absolutely, no resembelence to (the late)Fay Ray }

writing about music
    is like dancing,
    about architecture

I am totally new to this posting but my son has been waiting for a Rono mandolin since June 2003 when he paid his last $1,250. He has had no communication with Rono since last year. Does anyone know if Ron is still in business as of today. We have sent all the certified letters which came back "refused" and am now considering legal action. Having sent e-mails to Ron concerning this and getting no response at all is very, very frustrating. I have also left a message for the lady at the consumer division in Boulder but have not heard from her. If anyone has any news to post, I would greatly appreciate it. Ron told my son the mando would be done absolutely by the end of last August....2003!! We also have an e-mail from him that said this. He also talked about how beautiful the instrument was going to be and that he was putting two pickups on it because of the delay in getting it done....yeah, right! Anyway, I'm done venting and glad theat there is a place where others share in the same frustration. Thanks.......Old Man Knipes

For all of you out there that are still waiting for a mandolin or you $$$ from Ron Oates.....I spoke this AM with Claire Hunter at the DA's office in Boulder. They have only received 4 (counting mine)complaints concerning Ron andsaid they would like to hear from anyone who has ordered and paid for a mandolin or any other instrument from Mr. Oates and had not received anything from him. Please contact her at : (303)441-1664. She sent me forms to fill out so that they can issue a subpoena. So far, two people have gotten their insturment from him after the DA's office did their deal. If you have been wronged by Ron Oates, it would be to all our advantage if you got in touch with the DA's office. Thanks....Old Man Knipes

Well Ron, if you're reading this, I am very sorry to hear about your plight and I hope you're able to make a complete recovery. I want to send a big Get Well!
    When I first joined the Mandolin Cafe I quickly made good friends with a fellow we called Mikey2. He was deathly ill and used some of his last strength to send us his always cheerful thoughts and advice. He never gave up communicating with the people who were meaningful to him although each keystroke must have been a herculean effort.
    Ron, if you're out there, please extend us just a fraction of the same effort and I'll venture to say that the good members of the cafe will stand by and support you.
    Wye Knot

Boulder DA sent me complaint forms , worth a try,,, ronno ,,, karma is a bitch !
    writing about music
    is like dancing,
    about architecture

Check out the Ron Oates F model in the Classifieds.
    Looks wonderful, and the stereo output jack is an interesting idea.
    Anyone had any luck, or news about Ron?
    Wye Knot

I've reached my personal point of no return with Rono, and will be proceeding with the DA's Office and civil courts this week. I ordered my mando in March 2003 and have received repeated claims that it would be done, this week, in two weeks, since June 2004. Enough is enough.

Frank

Ron had a booth at Rocky Grass. He had a dandy 5 string OM there that I really liked. After reading these posts Im glad I didnt fall for his "better buy it now or itll be gone & Ill knock off x$ untill 3pm." sales pitch.

Becky
    home for wayward mandolins

hmmm...

doesn't sound like a guy trying to get out of the business. Was this recently?

Mitch Lawyer

Collings MF5V, Schwab #101 5 string
    1918 Gibson A, 1937 Gibson T-50 tenor guitar
    Jones OM, Hums bowlback

Fairly recent. July 25, 2004, Lyons, CO
    home for wayward mandolins

Anyone have any pictures of his mandolins? I've been curious as to what they looked like after reading all these posts over the past months.

Don't know the guy.. ; but, I wouldn't buy a used car from him. I've been following this thread intermittently(!?) for the past many months(!!!##) - Evidently he isn't afraid to "be seen"...!?? - pretty "brazen" don't ya' think! - I agree, most of his customers - those whom I've read about on this CAFE - have been more than fair with him. Enough!!## - Keep us posted guys... & Good Luck.

Here's one of his electrics...
    http://www.mandoweb.com/43-0135.jpg
    Mandofiddle

Hey now, Comanders! Hoopy Halloween. In the ghost sighting area, I heard from Ron on Friday. He told me that he lost his shop and has moved from his old digs. He also said that he was going to mail out my mando next Friday, which made me check my calendar to see if it was actually April 1st, instead.

Frank

So did he disclose what the current location and phone # is, the rabble is ready to gather with torches and pikes.
    PM ME if you have data and want off post communication, instead.
    writing about music
    is like dancing,
    about architecture

Nawman. No new location or phone.

Frank

Don't sound too good to me - Good luck!! - we'll watch for updates - (AND, if your mando arrives).

I'll sure post if I get it. But don't hold your breath and DO get out to vote today!!!

Frank

Frank,
    Do you think the reason that he is moving forward on it is because you filed paperwork with the DA? That seems to have been the case for a couple others.

Hey now! Friday came and went with no mando from Rono. I am moving forward with the DA's Office and will let you know how that progresses.

Frank

Registered Person

Now, he said he was going to MAIL it on Friday, right? Good luck though.

Mr Oates could be president of the US , same ethical standards.
    writing about music
    is like dancing,
    about architecture

hee... hee... (remember., the PC "police" are lurking!!)