Thread: Looking for Reliant DD39C 6" jointer manual & parts source

Default Looking for Reliant DD39C 6" jointer manual & parts source

Hi all -

I was recently given a number of woodworking power tools, including a Reliant DD39C jointer, mfg. in 1998.

Apparently, Reliant has been out of business for some time and I've been unable to find an owner's manual using web searches.

Does anyone have a manual for one of these machines?

I'll happily pay the cost of the scanning/copying (and shipping if it's a hardcopy manual).

And if anyone knows where I can buy a new set of knives, I'd really appreciate the information.

Thanks,
    CeeCee, Self-appointed Supreme Arbiter of All that is Good, Just, and True
    1 Spousal Unit, 4 cats
    1919 Gibson A1, Girouard custom F5, Collings MF, Northfield F5-S, Eastman 815, Eastman 514, Eastman 315, JBovier ELS-VC electric mando

The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice. anon

Default Re: Looking for Reliant DD39C 6" jointer manual & parts source

There was a comment on a woodworking forum that the Reliant might be similar to the Grizzly model jointer. When I was buying my tools many years ago there were a half dozen folks selling the same basic machines with different brand names on them and acting like their product was different than the other guys. You could set them side by side and they were identical. This might help until you find the manual.

http://cdn0.grizzly.com/manuals/g1182_m.pdf
    "It's comparable to playing a cheese slicer."
    --M. Stillion

"Bargain instruments are no bargains if you can't play them"
    --J. Garber

3. The following members say thank you to MikeEdgerton for this post:

Try the tool nerds equivalent of the mandolin cafe, the old woodworking machines site, owwm.com and vintage machinery.com . Be careful over there, it can lead to some serious old machine lust!

J
    Condino.com

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to j. condino For This Useful Post:

I have downloaded various manuals over the years some free, some paid for by just googling the desired manual.
    2014 Weber F Style Yellowstone HT
    2014 Weber "Special Edition"
    2012 The Loar LM 500 VS

7. The following members say thank you to Paul Hird for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hird View Post
    I have downloaded various manuals over the years some free, some paid for by just googling the desired manual.
    Paul -

I expected to be able to do just that, but have been unable to find a site that offers manuals for this particular brand.

Still, thank you for the input.
    CeeCee, Self-appointed Supreme Arbiter of All that is Good, Just, and True
    1 Spousal Unit, 4 cats
    1919 Gibson A1, Girouard custom F5, Collings MF, Northfield F5-S, Eastman 815, Eastman 514, Eastman 315, JBovier ELS-VC electric mando

The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice. anon

Here is an old link to a post by someone who found a guy willing to scan the manual. http://www.fixya.com/support/t110611...er_model_dd39c

Scott

10. The following members say thank you to Grommet for this post:

Remove one of the knives and measure the dimensions. You will then know exactly what you need. Reinstall the new knives using a dial indicator matched to the outfeed table with the knife locked in the TDC position.

12. The following members say thank you to graham darden for this post:

I just purchased the exact same jointer and was given the owners manual with it. If you have not gotna copy of the manual yet let me know and I can scan it and email it to you. Also I am looking for the cutter head guard since the previous owner misplaced it. Does anyone know where I may find one? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kayfredjoe View Post
    I just purchased the exact same jointer and was given the owners manual with it. If you have not gotna copy of the manual yet let me know and I can scan it and email it to you. Also I am looking for the cutter head guard since the previous owner misplaced it. Does anyone know where I may find one? Thanks
    I am getting the rust off a DD 39c in hopes it running and would greatly appreciate scan of manual. rwellerwhoi@gmail.com

thanks to the manual provided, making progress fixing up dd39c

questions, if anyone can answer,

the lock screws/bolts for the knives - what size? seems close to 8 mm and to 5/16 inch but not exact?

which way to rotate the screws/bolts to unlock, clockwise or counter clockwise?

my knives are higher on one side than the other but so fr cannot loosen them to adjust

thanks

Question Re: Looking for Reliant DD39C 6" jointer manual & parts source

hello;
    I just got a Reliant 6 inch joiner and have a question for you please. What size wrench do you use to loosen the Cutter Blade Gibs (bolts) ? Where might I get one?

Quote Originally Posted by kayfredjoe View Post
    hello, can you please send me a copy of the manual? I just purchased one.