Thread: Any jazz-minded tenor guitar players in London, UK?

Default Any jazz-minded tenor guitar players in London, UK?

Hello all!

For a couple of months now, I have been searching high and low for another tenor guitar player in the British capital, London, with a view of getting a jazz string trio together. The line-up in mind is electric jazz guitar, electric tenor guitar and tenor banjo. Or, alternatively, another tenor guitar digitally altered to "banjo" (I own some equipment with which this can be done).

I have been playing tenor banjo/tenor guitar for some 37 years. I also worked with a couple of singers/songwriters. Besides, I can provide functional rhythm guitar, bass guitar, ukulele and percussion as well (which came in particularly handy with my singer/song writer accompanist hat on).

Ideally, I'd like to meet players weathered in ensemble as well as solo, regardless of age or gender, and knowledgeable about Swing and swing. It surely can't be that, in a metropolis the size of London, tenor guitar players are completely non-existent.

There must be at least one, as I discovered last night, going through old MC posts. And he may even be in the area still. So I'd like to take this opportunity to invite 'flatt' (usually signing off with first name Chris) - should he happen to read this - to get in touch. And anyone else, of course, who might be able to help out.

Thanks very much in advance.

Veerstryngh Thynner
    Last edited by Veerstryngh Thynner; May-26-2015 at 10:49am.

Default Re: Any jazz-minded tenor guitar players in London, UK?

Hi there
    Are you still looking for tenor jazz players...?