Thread: New Choro CDs from the choro workshop

Default New Choro CDs from the choro workshop

Just took the wraps off Eduardo Neves CD that he brought with him to the workshop. The CD, called Só Alegria, is brilliant new choroes in a different vein than the ones many of us are familiar with her in N.A. From the first cut to the last it's got really interesting new material combining the work of Luis Barcelos on bandolim and tenor guitar, Edu Neves on flute & saxophone, Rogerio Caetano on 7 string guitar and Celsinho Silva on pandeiro. Check it out. Really highly recommended. Available on CDBaby along with sample tracks. http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/soalegria/ChorinhoemCochabamba

Also Anat Cohen has a new CD out, but not yet formally released yet, due to timing of her latest jazz CD (which is also great). The new choro CD is called, Alegria da Casa. It was recorded over a weekend in Dudu Maia's home studio, and features Anat along with the Trio Brasileiro, Dudu Maia, Douglas Lora on 7 string guitar and Alexandre Lora on pandeiro. A crazy beautiful CD with almost all new Choroes composed for it. Brilliant new work keeping choro alive and changing for the better. The CD will be available on their current tour, but will not be released on the net for another couple of months. I'll let you know when.

I'll be playing cuts from both these CDs on my radio show broadcast live from KPTZ.ORG on Friday, May 3rd starting around 12:30 to 1PM Tune in!
    Al in PT

Registered User Justin Carvitto's Avatar

Default Re: New Choro CDs from the choro workshop

Those were some great tunes you played today Al, thanks for sharing. I'm looking forward especially to Anat's recordings.

Jc
    dunno