Thread: Question about Blueridge Tenor Guitar

Default Question about Blueridge Tenor Guitar

I'm interested in purchasing a 2011 Blueridge tenor guitar. The seller claims the guitar is a BR60T and the label inside the sound hole says BR60T. The guitar has a fret board dot at the 10th fret. Currently, BR60T guitars have the fret board dot at the 9th fret and BR40T guitars have the fret board dot at the 10th fret. Were the 2011 BR60T fret board dots arranged differently than the current layout? Did someone replace the BR60T neck with a BR40T neck? Thanks for any information you can share.

Guernsey... small island just off the coast of France

Default Re: Question about Blueridge Tenor Guitar

I have no idea really but if the guitar looks ok I would not worry about the dot placement.
    I think it would be pretty obvious if the whole neck had been changed as the lacquer around the body joint would show signs.
    I guess it depends on how much the guitar is being sold for, they are not that expensive new!

RedKnucklesUnclesCousin GKWilson's Avatar

Default Re: Question about Blueridge Tenor Guitar

Many, actually most, guitar makers when they first start making Tenor's dot the 9th fret like an ordinary guitar.
    Even Collings' proto type this year was marked that way.
    Since a Tenor is tuned to 5th's it should be marked on the 10th fret. Or you can get confused when playing up the neck.
    Some makers like Collings and Blueridge fix this mistake.
    You would be lucky indeed to get an older Blueridge with 10th fret markings.
    Gary
    vincit qui se vincit