Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DR Dragon Skin Strings

Default Re: DR Dragon Skin Strings

The GC next door had a big clearance sale on strings and I picked up a set of Dragon Skins for electric guitar, planning on trying them out when my new PRS arrives later this week. Curious to see how they compare to the Elixirs I normally use.

Default Re: DR Dragon Skin Strings

They never got back to me. But I understand. It's common for emails to scroll off out of sight in my inbox and disappear, too.

Due to issues with the high notes, I have moved back to GHS A260 medium/light strings as recommended by the mandolin's maker. They seem to work best and I can slide on them just fine. Well, the A and E, anyway. So I'm happy with my strings right now and would probably not re-try the Dragon Skins even if they did send me a set.

I do not want to discourage anyone from trying the Dragon Skins for themselves. I think it is smart to try alternatives to what you are used to - including the Dragon Skins, different picks, etc. We all have different instruments, ears, and needs. If any one string was perfect for everyone, it would be the only string on the market. We can talk, talk, talk all we want about this or that aspect of them, but the real proof is in the playing and strings are not so expensive that anyone should balk at trying them. Besides, you have to change them once in a while, anyway.