Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 1415161718

Thread: Drop Box is now available for Italian 'ballo liscio' sheet music.

Default Re: Drop Box is now available for Italian 'ballo liscio' sheet mu

For those of you crossing over to the dark side... I've attached an updated Accordion Index of public domain titles.

The newly uploaded title "Addio Amore" originated as a mandoin trio published and composed by M.V. Cardilli. The story of how the mandolin music made it into the accordion repertoire can be encapsulated by just this title alone. That's why I've written the book on Italian Mandolin Heroes because they were deeply committed to the development of the accordion, too.
    Take note that before 1937 (and the launching of the American Accordion Association) accordion sheet music was written with a double treble clef. (UGH!) but that not all publishers went along with the idea. Case in point: Cardilli published "Addio Amore" in 1944 with double treble clefs. Still, if you're a guitarist or an accordionist, you can write chord symbols above the top treble clef. Et Voilà!

For those of you using an accordion in your mando trios, many are composed in the same keys as the original mandolin music but not always.

Please use the folder accordion sheet music link posted in Post #408

This one's for you Mick!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Accordion_Index_Updated_8.10.2018.pdf  

2. The following members say thank you to Mandophile for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by mandopops View Post
    Sheri & David, as of now my plan is to be there. Got my hotel booked, still need to register. I hope to meet & play with you both. Maybe do an open mic? Looking forward to Sheri’s lecture.
    Long live Italian Mandolin aficionados,
    Joe B
    That's gonna be a highlight!

See y'all soon.

I'd like to share a subsection to my chapter on Maestro Pietro Tesio. He is the star of the book. I had no idea what I would find in my exploration of Italian mandolin music publishers but he left a huge paper trail and I followed it all the way. He led nothing short of an astonishing life. This section, as integrated into the Tesio chapter, shows an intimate glimpse into his phenomenal mind and irrepressible enthusiasm for life. He is, by far, the quintessential hero in my upcoming "Italian Mandolin Heroes in America."
    (Yes, I'll let you all know when that happens). It is an enormous undertaking with about 140 images, and 20 chapters. I may have created a monster but it's a big beautiful monster and I can't wait to share Tesio and all the other wonderful mandolin publishers. You just won't believe the stories I've discovered.

see attached PDF
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tesio's Trip To Dante City.pdf