Thread: If you dont know about mandozine.com, you should

Default If you dont know about mandozine.com, you should

Im sure ALOT of you know about it, but im startin this thread to alert people just starting out on the mandolin like me about how useful it is.

Not only does it have a GIANT database of tabs that you can play along with while watching the tabs move (which happens to be the best way ive found to learn a song ymmv) but the resources page with the "mandosheets" is just awesome. Its a great little print out, It has a page for each key (ie: Key of G,C,D etc) and it shows the chords in that key, the arpeggios of that chord, double stops, and FFcP patterns. Put on a song, grab the sheet for whatever key that song is in, and once you get the chords down, you can use it to build your own breaks. Ive been using it on slow songs, and then once i have it memorized i try to apply it to faster songs. Since its pretty hard to read the stuff and play it when your chugging along at typical bluegrass speed

I also found the Aonzo family scales in the techniques page to be just great, i use it for a warmup everyday now.

Again im sure most of you know, but hopefully a beginner will see this thread and it will help them out.

No affiliation, not that they make any money anyway. Feel free to post about a certain section of the site that helped you out, i havent checked everything out yet myself, but what i have looked at has been really useful

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to LongBlackVeil For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Default Re: If you dont know about mandozine.com, you should

Thank you! I just checked it out, and it is a great web site! I'm looking forward to getting into the scales.

Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by Setz03 View Post
    Thank you! I just checked it out, and it is a great web site! I'm looking forward to getting into the scales.

Sharon
    great! i was hoping at least a few hadnt heard about it yet. I think most members here are well aware. I just found it not long ago and its been a great help

Thanks! I am a beginner, taking lessons from Mike Marshall and need to print out songs with G, C, and D chords to practice. I think Mandozine will help when I figure it out

two t's and one hyphen fatt-dad's Avatar

glad that worked out for you LBV!

f-d
    ˇpapá gordo ain’t no madre flaca!

'20 A3, '30 L-1, '97 914, 2012 Cohen A5, 2012 Muth A5, '14 OM28A

LBV, glad you’re enjoying it, and thanks for the reminder. I used to frequent the site, but the computer I had tabledit on died, and I kind of got away from it rather than just getting the software on another device. Will revisit today if a snow day pans out for here in NC!
    Chuck