Thread: "Winfield Warmup" Guitar Workshop, Overland Park, KS Sept 12-14

Default "Winfield Warmup" Guitar Workshop, Overland Park, KS Sept 12-14

Greetings,

Mark Fulford (Collings Forum member “dreaded picker”) and I (Collings Forum member "GrierRiceFan") are producing a flatpicking guitar workshop weekend to be held September 12-14, 2014 in Overland Park, KS.

Instructors are Jim Hurst, two-time IBMA Guitar Player of the Year; and Jeff Guernsey, multi-instrumentalist, Winfield Fiddle Champion, and guitar instructor extraordinaire.

In addition to the instructional workshops, we will also have a "vintage guitar" workshop, led by Jim Baggett, owner of Mass Street Music in Lawrence, KS. Jim is a well-known vintage dealer, does vintage instrument appraisals on Antiques Roadshow, and has amassed a vintage collection that is unrivaled. We will also have an opportunity to play the instruments he will have on hand, including some pre-war D-18s and D-28s.

As an attendee at many such workshops, both Mark and I have often come away somewhat disappointed. It seems as if there is no structure to the sessions and no real determination as to whether or not attendees have improved their playing skills. In many cases, you rarely play your guitar. Our workshop is intended to address and overcome these shortcomings. As educators, we are using our knowledge of adult learning concepts, combined with our passion for flatpicking, to structure the sessions to ensure everyone leaves a better player than when they arrived.

For more details, to purchase a ticket to the workshop (which includes one concert ticket) or the concert (instructors will be the performing artists), or book a hotel room (should it be needed), please go to our website: http://www.wiresandwoodproductions.com

We are also planning another workshop weekend for March, 2015 in Nashville. We don't have the specific dates or other details just yet, but will post once we do.

Please join us in September if you are able.

Cheers!

Mark Fulford and Jim Kitterman

2. The following members say thank you to GrierRiceFan for this post:

Default Re: "Winfield Warmup" Guitar Workshop, Overland Park, KS Sept 12-

Okay, all..I thought you all may like to see a video or two of our instructors.

Here is my long time teacher, Jeff Guernsey:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HYITSiriaw

and Jim Hurst:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PJJZ6Oh6ik

I will send this info to my guitar buddies here in town.
    The Favs
    2013 Jacobson Nautilus #23 Semper Concinentī
    2007 Weber Custom Yellowstone
    2003 Gibson A9
    2013 Godin A8
    2007 Martin 000-18 Norman Blake #62 of 134
    2000 Heritage Millennium H-155