Thread: Relocating to N.C.

Constantly In Search Of.. Michael Bridges's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Relocating to N.C.

Just found out Thursday, I'll be moving to Shelby N.C. (my hometown), and working out of Charlotte. My dad suffers from Alzheimers, so when the opportunity to get up there and spend more time with him came about, I was excited to take it. Looking forward to finding some like-minded players in the area, hopefully find a good mando-friendly music store or two. Any input on this would be a huge help from N.C. folks.
    Music speaks to us all. And to each of us, she speaks with a different voice.

J Bovier A5 Tradition

Distressed Model John Ritchhart's Avatar

Default Re: Relocating to N.C.

Lots of good pickin around there.
    We few, we happy few.

formerly Philphool Phil Goodson's Avatar

The Charlotte Folk Society might be a good contact in the area. Here's their webpage.
    Phil

“Sharps/Flats” “Accidentals”

Mike, thanks to this forum it's almost like you are just moving across town. Will miss seeing you at those get-togethers at Marty's. Contact me after you get settled in. I have a sister in Charlotte who keeps up with some of the local musicians and recently had a pickin' party at her house.
    Tom

"Feel the wood."
    Luthier Page: Facebook

Mike, sorry about your dad. Alzheimers can really drain a family emotionally. Make sure you get up with some pickers; that will be good for you. Charlotte has really grown in the last several years and have made it a beautiful town. I am in Thomasville which is an hour north.

Constantly In Search Of.. Michael Bridges's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks for all the good info and well wishes, but as it turns out, the position fell through, and I won't be moving after all! Oh well, I try to maintain a Zen attitude toward things. They'll work out like they're meant to.
    Music speaks to us all. And to each of us, she speaks with a different voice.

J Bovier A5 Tradition

Mike...I'm glad to hear that you're moving back home and will be close to your dad. Wish we were a bit closer, but maybe we can arrange for you to try out #30 when Marty's done with it. Be sure to put IBMA on your calendar in September. Good luck with the move.

Whoops I just saw your last post...sorry about the job.