Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Visit to Carter Vintage Guitars

Gibson F5L Gibson A5L
    Blog Entries

Default Re: A Visit to Carter Vintage Guitars

Lovely , just lovely..... Walter and Christie are both instrument wise and wonderful hosts. I told them up front I couldn't afford to buy a really expensive instrument and was encouraged to play them anyway. What a gift. I can't say enough nice things about this store / venue. I wish I was closer. R/
    I love hanging out with mandolin nerds . . . . . Thanks peeps ...

Great article, boss. Have to visit next time I get up that way. Planning to leave my wallet locked in the truck, however.

I was visiting in Nashville this past weekend and having read Scott's article, stopped by Carter's Vintage Guitars, just a stone's throw from the Station Inn. Nice place, very friendly folks. I did step up into the "second floor" room and saw those amazing Loar instruments behind glass. I didn't ask to play one, but my guess is they would have let me. Thanks for the article.

Quote Originally Posted by UsuallyPickin View Post
    Lovely , just lovely..... Walter and Christie are both instrument wise and wonderful hosts. I told them up front I couldn't afford to buy a really expensive instrument and was encouraged to play them anyway. What a gift. I can't say enough nice things about this store / venue. I wish I was closer. R/
    Three years later, the story is still the same, and the staff is as top-notch as the owners. A buddy and I went to Carter's before and after our week at the Swannanoa Gathering, and had the same experience that UsuallyPickin had. If I lived closer, I'd probably just set up direct deposit.
    still trying to turn dreams into memories

Registered User Nathan Kellstadt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus CA View Post
    If I lived closer, I'd probably just set up direct deposit.
    Too funny (but also brilliant).
    Dear sir, I am terribly sorry, but I fear I must inform you that what you are playing is most certainly not any part of anything.

Blog Entries

Noting the anniversary of this article published this date 2014.