Thread: Need a case for a fender mando strat.

Default Need a case for a fender mando strat.

Just got my new fender mando strat today. I'm impressed. Well built and plays in tune. Needing a case now. Any suggestions?
    Hughes F-5 #1
    Hughes A model #1
    1922 Gibson A-2
    1958 Gibson A-5

Default Re: Need a case for a fender mando strat.

Sorry the MandoBird didn't work out. The ideal case for the MandoStrat would be a Fender MC510, which was made for the Korean-built FM60E and FM61SE back when those were a going concern. One still comes across MC510 cases from time to time, although I don't have any spares at the moment.
    Emando.com: More than you wanted to know about electric mandolins.

Notorious: My Celtic CD--listen & buy!

Lyon & Healy • Wood • Thormahlen • Andersen • Bacorn • Yanuziello • Fender • National • Gibson • Franke • Fuchs • Aceto • Three Hungry Pit Bulls

Let me know if you get a lead on one..thanks! I'm still working on the bird. I do like the sound of it,esp. with the almuse pickup I installed. Just need to get it to play in tune. Might even put a fingerboard on it with the correct spacing.It was cheap enough to hot rod..
    Hughes F-5 #1
    Hughes A model #1
    1922 Gibson A-2
    1958 Gibson A-5

Quote Originally Posted by vhughes2000 View Post
    Just got my new fender mando strat today. I'm impressed. Well built and plays in tune. Needing a case now. Any suggestions?
    I bought a fender mando gig bag from musicians friend it works nicely and was pretty cheap .I couldnt justify spending a lot on a case for a $300 mando

Ordered one myself for 29.99 and free shipping. Should be fine.How do you like the mando strat?
    Hughes F-5 #1
    Hughes A model #1
    1922 Gibson A-2
    1958 Gibson A-5

Quote Originally Posted by vhughes2000 View Post
    Ordered one myself for 29.99 and free shipping. Should be fine.How do you like the mando strat?
    I filed the nut slots to lower the strings at the nut they were playing sharp when fretting first fret. I also filed the frets which i have never done before you may not need this.I changed the pickup and bridge but went back to the original ones it is wasted money in my opinion dont let someone talk you into it. The barrels on the bridge need to be angled for intonation ,it might be worth the money to bring it to someone to set it up if your serious about it.It sounds good best used through a guitar amp check out the forum there is one with a fellow playing jimmy hendrix. There are better ones available but there three times the price.

Mine is playing right good in tune out of the box.I can do the setup myself. Nut/string height is fine.I've got 2 custom bridge saddles on order and should be here before too long. That should fix the (very minor) intonation issue it has. Compared to the mandobird there is no comparison.Anybody have input on the seymor duncan "antiquity" pickups available? I've got a mid 1980's polytone amp i'm playing it through,sounds fine through it.
    Hughes F-5 #1
    Hughes A model #1
    1922 Gibson A-2
    1958 Gibson A-5

writing about music
    is like dancing,
    about architecture

Quote Originally Posted by Vernon Hughes View Post
    I've got 2 custom bridge saddles on order and should be here before too long.
    Vernon ,
    Where did you get the custom bridge saddles and how did they work out?

I'm thinking of modifying one of these; although I've no real need for a case at the moment and haven't tried one for size.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stagg-UPC-68...productDetails

Searching for the Sound

Quote Originally Posted by redrector View Post
    I filed the nut slots to lower the strings at the nut they were playing sharp when fretting first fret. I also filed the frets which i have never done before you may not need this.I changed the pickup and bridge but went back to the original ones it is wasted money in my opinion dont let someone talk you into it. The barrels on the bridge need to be angled for intonation ,it might be worth the money to bring it to someone to set it up if your serious about it.It sounds good best used through a guitar amp check out the forum there is one with a fellow playing jimmy hendrix. There are better ones available but there three times the price.
    what specs did you use to file the nut? My G is also sharp at the first fret...

thank
    - 2013 Eastman MD 505
    - 2013 Fender MandoStrat
    - 2021 Eastman MD815

Quote Originally Posted by redrector View Post
    I had to take about .25" of length off of the bridge height adjustment screws to get the top part of the allen screws fully recessed in the bridge barrels so I could space the strings properly. Some of the strings actually had to go overtop of the adjustment screws to get the string spacing symetetrical. Hopefully the two barrels will stay in place relative to each other. Might have to put a spacer between them.
    Set up is some work on the Fender MandoCaster 8, but I think it will be awesome.
    Any suggestions on an Amp to make it sound like a 1920's Gibson Loar? (now that's funny, I don't care who you are)
    http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/My_Stringies.JPG
    Mandolins- Early 1900's A, Kentucky KM-350, GuitarWorks-A style, Fender MandoStrat 8gone, Alvarez A-800(gone)
    Banjo - 1980 Alvarez Silver Bell (tweaked to peak)
    Guitars- 1976 Martin D-28,1992 Taylor 420, RainSong H DR 1000, Gretsch Anniversary Model. (I'm the original owner of all the Guitars listed)
    Bible - NASV

I am a big fan of the crossrock gig bags. I have 3 now (uke, tenor banjo and guitar). lots of zippered pockets, shoulder straps and decent padding. even velcro straps inside to hold the neck. I can carry 4 instruments at once this way
    Kala tenor ukulele, Mandobird, Godin A8, Dobro Mandolin, Gold Tone mandola, Gold Tone OM, S'oarsey mandocello, Gold Tone Irish tenor banjo, Gold Tone M bass, Taylor 214 CE Koa, La Patrie Concert CW, Fender Strat powered by Roland, Yamaha TRBX174 bass, Epiphone ES-339 with GK1