Search:

Type: Posts; User: jaycat

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 0.13 seconds.

  1. Replies
    22
    Views
    1,232

    Re: Help! YouTube blocked my video

    What you are running into is "Hotel California Auto-Block." Similar to "Wagon Wheel Auto-Block." No more renditions are allowed.
  2. Thread: Woodstock

    by jaycat
    Replies
    79
    Views
    4,344

    Re: Woodstock

    Guilty as charged.
  3. Replies
    21
    Views
    1,141

    Re: How do you clean your mandolin?

    Cold water, gentle cycle, tumble dry.
  4. Replies
    29
    Views
    2,377

    Re: Arthritis pain relief

    You can get Voltaren in the U.S. with a prescription. I've found it helpful.
  5. Replies
    103
    Views
    12,956

    Re: Waterloo Mandolin Released

    Boy howdy.
  6. Replies
    16
    Views
    1,171

    Re: arthritis in my left hand

    I have arthritis in the right thumb. Hitting the strings with a flatpick can be painful. Cortisone shots have helped some. Also there's some stuff called Voltaren gel for topical application that...
  7. Thread: I Don't Do Tab

    by jaycat
    Replies
    40
    Views
    2,690

    Re: I Don't Do Tab

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2oEmPP5dTM&list=RDJ2oEmPP5dTM&start_radio=1
  8. Re: This old Merle Travis song has the most amazing mandolin play

    Agreed. Definitely has some of that Les Paul-style trickery going on. I wouldn't assume it's a mandolin.
  9. Replies
    2
    Views
    915

    Re: Mandocaster sighting!

    Well Tim, you have driven me to Wikipedia. Who knew Mamie was still around! (and she worked for Nixon's re-election, and George Harrison accidentally threw a drink on her.)
  10. Replies
    15
    Views
    1,989

    Re: Are Lilliputians allowed to sell on ebay?

    Whatever it is, that guy is having way too much fun. I guess he is "feeling good and excellent while holding it."
  11. Replies
    63
    Views
    4,373

    Re: Storage: Case vs Hanging on the Wall

    Humpty was pushed!
  12. Replies
    9
    Views
    977

    Re: And Now We’ve Lost Dr. John

    If memory serves, I believe you can hear some mandolin in the background on his first record.
  13. Re: Lowell Levinger with Little Steven & Disciples of Soul

    I hope it was as enjoyable as the Youngbloods shows were, back in the day. (Probably not free, like many of those were, however.)
  14. Replies
    9
    Views
    1,588

    Re: And now ... The Loons!

    Well I now have a new earworm. I guess that's as good a compliment as any.
  15. Replies
    3
    Views
    612

    Re: Mandolins in New Orleans?

    I'm a fairly frequent visitor to the Crescent City and, sadly, have yet to find an interesting music store. There's the New Orleans Music Exchange on Magazine St., and Webb's in the Bywater. There...
  16. Re: Sierra Hull -FREE show tonight Walla Walla, WA

    A little far for me too. But, we do have a jam here at the house tonight.
  17. Re: Going to Nashville, looking for a new mandolin...

    Well said. Folks hereabouts frequently cross up to New Hampshire to avoid paying sales tax on instruments (and cars, appliances, you name it). These same folks prefer to reside here in Mass. and for...
  18. Re: Sorry for posting a uke clip, but this 10-year-old?

    Excellent hair flips.
  19. Replies
    28
    Views
    1,800

    Re: Songs for a wedding

    Boy howdy.
  20. Replies
    373
    Views
    53,379

    Re: The end of my playing days.

    Sadness is an appropriate response to what you are going thru. Allow yourself to feel it, please don't beat yourself up about it.

    We are all behind you, I hope that is a comfort.
  21. Replies
    3
    Views
    822

    Re: New Take On The Waltz

    That were right purty.
  22. Thread: Five albums

    by jaycat
    Replies
    18
    Views
    1,089

    Re: Five albums

    A couple of albums that many of us grew up on are:

    The Dillards, Wheatstraw Suite, &
    NGDB, Will The Circle Be Unbroken.
  23. Replies
    12
    Views
    1,164

    Re: Vintage Gibson? Mandolin Identification

    This is what is referred to, in current jargon, as a "hot mess."
  24. Replies
    373
    Views
    53,379

    Re: The end of my playing days.

    My friend was told there was a 95% chance he had lung cancer, after the doc found a spot on his lung on an xray. Guess what, the 5% chance prevailed and he is live and kicking. Try not to "borrow...
  25. Thread: Namm 2019

    by jaycat
    Replies
    75
    Views
    28,342

    Re: Namm 2019

    That Waterloo logo font sure looks familiar... Kalamazoo maybe?
Results 1 to 25 of 500
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4