Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson's 1923 F-5 Master Model Reissue

The first Lloyd Loar F5 I ever owned (a Feb.18th with a Virzi) was the cleanest Gibson mandolin I ever owned or bought... and I have owned and bought several in my increasingly longer lifetime. I...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson's 1923 F-5 Master Model Reissue

how i would answer the question, if you like the tone of the Dave Harvey builds(i do) and you play the flat fretboards with the small frets with no issue, you will not be disappointed.

i've had a...
  3. Bach Invention #2 arranged for 2 mandolins

From the Mike Marshall & Caterina Lichtenberg book, our son was home for Thanksgiving and before taking him to the plane I made him sit down with me and run through this one. I decided to add a lot...
  4. New Hoffee case in comparison to the new/older Calton cases

Picked up this beautiful burgandy/Gold interior Hoffee from Vernie at Bluegrass Mandolins(he has listings in the mandolin accessories classifieds). I have also purchased a very cool brown/splatter...
  5. Re: Is Gibson Getting Ready to Roll Out Some New Models?

I think that is awesome that they mention Mr Derrington along with Orville and Lloyd.
  6. Re: Is Gibson Getting Ready to Roll Out Some New Models?

As Jim says above, Gibson is on the right track. It might not be the track that everyone would like, but it makes perfect sense - devote your talents and energies to a couple of flagship models and...
  7. Re: Is Gibson Getting Ready to Roll Out Some New Models?

As an example of the above, I did a search a few minutes ago and found this on a website. Search engines are powerful tools.
  8. Re: Is Gibson Getting Ready to Roll Out Some New Models?

I am not sure why the video lost its image with the title indicating that a new release of the 2023 Loar F5 is coming. Another about to be rolled out on another coming video is an F5G with new...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: What’s Happening At Gibsin?

No need to make critical remarks about Gibson mandolins to justify your love for other makers. Just be glad to own and enjoy playing the ones you are proud of, as I am of my Gibson.There are so many...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: so i may have purchased a Gibson F5G

hey folks
    i've been busy with family.
    to answer some questions.
    *it is the mando in the pictures.
    *there is no crack or defect, thats all reflections(actually the shop apologized for the pictures...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: New Splatter Calton Case

what color is inside?

d
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: New Splatter Calton Case

Sharp looking case. Like the splatter. Vernie is a great guy to deal with for sure.

Adam
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: 2020 Duff A5

Picked up a new 2021 Duff 2 point at Carters during SPBGMA and love it!
    Here is a video….
    https://youtu.be/52gCtyAKHHU
    https://youtu.be/52gCtyAKHHU
  14. Thread: 2020 Duff A5

by mingusb1
    Replies
    Views

"Congratulations! Man, that’s a gorgeous mandolin. I initially passed on a Duff “Scout” F model, which was supposedly the only one he’s built with the back unbound and some other “Econo” features, at...
  15. Replies
    Views

Beautiful instrument. But is it really that red?

Look at the mandola in the classifieds:
    https://www.mandolincafe.com/classifieds/upload/182261.jpg...
  16. Replies
    Views

the used 2020 had been on the road less than one day when they posted that one. i would have probably picked that one if i had waited a few more hours-lol

its a beauty and has all the nice colors...
  17. Thread: 2020 Duff A5

by CES
    Replies
    Views

Congratulations! Man, that’s a gorgeous mandolin. I initially passed on a Duff “Scout” F model, which was supposedly the only one he’s built with the back unbound and some other “Econo” features, at...
  18. Re: Gibson Ricky Skaggs Distressed Master Model - My New Mandolin

Just some new info for the thread. I just acquired an Ricky Skaggs DMM #13. Should get it on Wednesday I will keep you guys posted.
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson finally fixed their fretboards

And then they could fix the scroll shape at least back to where it was pre-flood.
  20. Video demo of my new Craig Wilson "Griffith Loar"Tribute mandolin

https://youtu.be/qzNPojq25hI

wilsonmandolins.com
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Calton Cases - in pictures

Looks great, thanks! They finally nailed it!
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Calton Cases - in pictures

Congrats! Beautiful case, thx for sharing!
  23. Re: Collings MT2 versus Single Shop Builder Purchase?

And Mike Black would undoubtedly be embarrassed by the wording of your comparison....
  24. Replies
    Views

Prayer for Dennis @ The Mandolin Store

For those of you so inclined, I would ask that you keep Dennis Vance in your prayers. He is facing some medical issues that must be addressed in the near future. I do not wish to, nor do I intend to...
  25. Replies
    Views

Shout out to Collings

So, I picked up my 2018 Collings MT2-V today -and all I can say is WOW. When I first got it in 2018, I was a little disappointed as it was great for bluegrass but it a little too out there for my...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3