Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Academy (Baron Collins-Hill)

Just signed up. Looking forward to it.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Klos Mandolins (due in 2024)

Sue, I have had it about a year. I have no doubt whatsoever that the Klos Travel Guitar will outlive me and sound as good for my ancestors as it does me. I love it and I am a bit nervous about the...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Yet Another CF Mandolin?

I just sent in a deposit today. The pressure was too much for me! I want to see what they come up with, before giving the final go-ahead. Final specs are due out in December with hopefully some...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: A Bruxa, waltz by Anton Seoane

Very lovely haunting tune. Is it a violin arrangement?
  5. Replies
    Views

D'Addario Mic Stand Accessory System

Good Evening Mando Colleagues: First of all, I have no financial interest in D'Addario. However, I had been looking at this for a couple of weeks and just couldn't pull the trigger because I thought...
  6. Re: I've owned an A-style for 72 hours and already hate the shape

I had the same issue once. I used a piece of rubber no-slip drawer liner across my lap. The problem was solved immediately. Just a thought for you to consider.
  7. Replies
    Views

Peghead Nation Course Learning By Ear

I just wanted to give a shout out about a course that I finished on Peghead Nation. The course was "Playing By Ear" with a section on Picking Up Tunes on the Fly. It is taught by the violinist Lissa...
  8. Lissa Schneckenburger Coursed on Peghead Nation

I just wanted to give a shout out about a course that I finished on Peghead Nation. The course was "Playing By Ear" with a section on Picking Up Tunes on the Fly. It is taught by the violinist...
  9. Roadie 2 or Roadie 3 Automatic Tuner and Winder

Have any of you tried the Roadie 2 or Roadie 3 device for winding and tuning? Since my carpal tunnel surgery, it is more difficult for me to tune my mandolins. As I look at the Roadie video on...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Taran Springwell

Very nice playing, Kevin. I want to get back to playing later this week. I just upgraded my desktop. It took some time to set up, but I think I will like it. It will run Windows 11, when it is...
  11. Replies
    Views

Mandolin Case Storage Solution

Good Afternoon Café Colleagues: I have been searching for a storage rack for my cases. I have a wide assortment of instruments and cases: mandolins, mandola, tenor guitar, mountain dulcimer. I...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Sound Reinforcement Mandolin to Computer

Thanks, BoxCarJoe: Anyone from Brooklyn has to be right!! Great city. I am an OLD Dodger fan. Went by the old site where Ebbets Field once stood a couple of years ago and had lunch at Junior's...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Ibanez Tenors appear discontinued.

I just bought one from Musician's Friend at their online store. It indicated that they had 4 in the warehouse when I ordered. Just passing that along
  14. Ibanez AVT1NT Artwoods Series Tenor Guitar

Just arrived from online seller. This guitar arrived in excellent shape, new. No issues detected. It was set up as CGDA and intonation was very good. The sound is s bit tight but that is to be...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Compulsive purchase- Flatiron 1N

One comment. Others have given splendid comments about the mandolin. There is no such thing as a compulsive purchase, when it comes to mandolin!. Now, on the subject of retirement. I experienced...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Taran Springwell

You will be amazed. Mine is from the Class of 2015 and it sounds better every day. I had the pleasure of traveling to Scotland last May to see Rory in his shop. You are in for a great experience...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Burtenshaw Mandola #6

Lovely, I am happy to see more mandolas being built. I am fortunate to have an excellent one, Collings MT2 that I purchased years ago. I love the sound of the mandola, especially for hymns and...
  18. This is a great CD. I play it all the time.

This is a great CD. I play it all the time.
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Notation to Tablature

Oh, Chris From Tuscon, I forgot one thing. Mandolin orchestra music is notorious for putting a lot of notes on the ledger lines. AS if you don't have enough to learn, just on the staff! Many...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Notation to Tablature

One crude, but effective way to transcribe would be to purchase the TablEdit program and simply do it in reverse, i.e. put the tab on the lines and the program will put the notes on the staff.
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: New Mandola Day!

Congratulations. I don't play mine nearly often enough, and I don't know why. I have a lovely mandola with a great sound. You will love yours, I am sure. Sometimes, I simply enjoy playing...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Anybody else riding RAGBRAI?

Rode RAGBRAI in 1985 and 1988. Great experience ! Was not playing mandolin at the time. I highly recommend this venture. Iowa is a very interesting state, and you don't realize that until you...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Midnight on the Water

Thanks Benny !

Yes, I use TablEdit often and the link came through perfectly. I am going to find a guitar player to duet with me. I will not violate the copyright on this (I assume it is...
  24. Re: Taran "Springwell" mandolin by luthier Rory Dowling

My new Taran "Springwell" mandolin (#4) arrived today. Awesome instrument. Everything said above is absolutely true. Have hardly put it down all day. The strings are settling in nicely. Will...
  25. Re: What's Your Favorite Instrumental-Mandolin Album?

Anything by Simon Mayor. "New Celtic Mandolin" is a favorite of mine. I think they are all available on iTunes or Amazon. No commercial interest to me.
Page 1 of 2 1 2