Search:

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Linda Lou my Gibson

That's a plain style A with a "snakehead" peghead, built in 1923, and shipped in 1925.
    An A-2 would have bindings around the fingerboard and fancier rings around the soundhole.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Montana Lutherie

I've talked with Bruce many times, purchased from him, gotten advice on DIYwork, and am planning to have him do work on two unique instruments (Mix NewMAD oval-hole F-style with scroll, Walt Kuhlman...
  3. Thread: Montana Lutherie

by Caleb
    Replies
    Views

Bruce does great work. I sent him a truss rod cover to customize with some inlay work and it turned out really well. My wife had an antique bracelet that a piece of abalone fell out of and I sent...
  4. Replies
    Views

Another vote of confidence for Montana Lutherie. I was eyeballing a Weber Yellowstone but once I contacted Bruce it has been sold. He told me I should consider the 2012 Gallatin he had as he thought...
  5. Replies
    Views

The Webers are great! Both Mary and Bruce have been wonderful on both purchases and sales of instruments. Montana Lutherie would be my first stop if I were looking for an instrument. I had to stay...
  6. Replies
    Views

Couldn't agreed more Bill. Bruce and Mary are just wonderful and exemplary people. You probably remember I have a Silverangel Econo A. I ended up sending it to Bruce a couple years ago and he...
  7. Replies
    Views

Bruce and Mary Weber are the absolute best people. Bruce has done a few jobs for me and I just love the guy! Great to talk to on the phone and is so open about sharing all aspects of their life....
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Kelley two-point mandolin

Congrats Bill

That is one beautiful two-point!!
  9. Replies
    Views

Congrats Bill, glad you are loving it!
  10. Replies
    Views

Congrats, Bill. Enjoy that beautiful 2 point!
  11. Replies
    Views

Congrats on finding a keeper! I know my Kelley certainly is :mandosmiley:
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Lost (and need) a Hiscox case key

P M me with your address and I will send you one when I get home. Currently on RV tour. Should be home in a few weeks or perhaps sooner if my travels take me close to home.
  13. Replies
    Views

Congrats Bud!
    If you wind up enjoying yours half as much as I enjoy mine, you will have a hard time keeping it out of your hands.
  14. Replies
    Views

The tune is New Five Cents.
  15. Replies
    Views

Nice - congrats! Post us a sample. :)

I would be grateful if someone can tell me the name of the tune Skip is playing in his first video:
    https://vimeo.com/242159462?utm_sour...campaign=29220
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Photo of Orville Gibson

Been here many times and has been on Roger Siminoff's site for years. If I recall there was some mention years back about the musical groups of the time dressing in outlandish costumes as part of the...
  17. Thread: Pawn Shop F5L

by rcc56
    Replies
    Views

Re: Pawn Shop F5L

The last digit is the decade of manufacture, and the first digit is the year of the decade.
    So 0283109 is 1990.

The numbering system on mandolins is different from the system used on guitars.
  18. Re: How to Keep a Headstock Tuner from Damaging Your Instrument

Journeybear -- So here's a video of Chris Thile, playing on his late-lamented show "Live From Here" on NPR. And what's THAT thing attached to the headstock of his invaluable 1924 Gibson F5 Master...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: B Chord Brewing, Northern Virginia

That place has got it figured out. They have been around a bit-maybe 3 or 4 years at least-and from the beginning they were super supportive of the bluegrass/old time/ acoustic music scene. They've...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Rag mandolins

I bought #31 (A-style), spruce top w/cherry back and flame maple sides and neck, from forum member Andrew Buckner (check out his site:
    https://www.andrewbucknermusic.net/music-2) a few weeks ago,...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Rag mandolins

So #58 arrived yesterday. Has very a balanced sound and rings true and well up the neck. Almost piano like past the 14th fret.
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Build RAG Mandolins

Came in yesterday. #58. Plays very well all the way up the neck. The sound is very balanced. The neck was made to my specs and is just what I was looking for.
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Build RAG Mandolins

Bill,

Sounds great! I found Roy here in the builder's section and liked his no frills presentation on his web site. He is very easy to communicate with, and clearly uses some fine woods.
  24. Replies
    Views

Mandolin Build RAG Mandolins

Looked high and low for an oval F style and decided for the money to invest in a USA builder instead of an import.

Found Roy A. Gordon in the builders section. Contacted him, gave him some...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: RIP Tony Rice

I'm only a third of the way through this podcast, but it has been absolutely tremendous so far! I like that Daniel presented these stellar musicians just telling their stories and insights, rather...
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 4