Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Church Praise Band Question

Been playing in a church choir with mandolin, mandola, mandocello & guitar for years now. Only complaints I've heard were about not enough mando__ (fill in the blank). Advice: Sit in on a couple of...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: more Mark O'Connor Mandocello

Guess I'll just have to stay in my lane....
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Do I need a mandola?

Ya gotta get a mandola...
    The range is almost identical to guitar, but the sound is nothing like it.
    :mandosmiley:
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Illustrated Mandolin Chord Bible

Awesome Mark!
    Bookmarked for reference!
  5. Re: Starting into 3-string closed chords after 4 string open chor

Not to take anything away from anything that anyone here has said, Mandozine has a 3note chord booklet by Charlie Jones that could be what you're looking for.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Chord Charts and Progressions

Pickloser has an excellent guide to doublestops at https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/entries/528-Revised-Guide-to-Doublestops.
    Why reinvent the wheel?

Dave
  7. Re: Flatiron Appreciation Thread / 1994 Flatiron A5 Artist Pics

I am fortunate enough to have 3 Flatirons; a '92 F5, a Performer A, and a 96 M5-Junior mandola. I would never trade any of them as they're each more mandolin than I could otherwise afford. Let's...
  8. Re: Contemporary Christian Music with Mandolin Solo???

mBeen singing and playing guitar in Catholic church choirs for somewhere around 40 years. The last 10-15 I have definitely involved more and more mandolin, mandola, and mandocello.
    I read a bit but...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: RIP Nanci Griffith

Late Night, Grand Hotel helped me through a 15 month military remote tour.
    "Looking for a morning flight to anywhere but here."
    Thanks Nanci.
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandocello "strum along" chords

August, thanks for that.
    I just put out what works for me, ymmv. I (used to) play in church alot and found that the flat and sharps were the chords I need most frequently. So, this is what I came...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandocello "strum along" chords

Bernie, ya got me to thinking. I've done pretty much the same thing with a chord chart for M'cello and M'dola except I incorporated the shapes for Mando as well. The black labels at the top of each...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Forgive me....for I have sinned.....

I scared my son straight by threatening to wait to pick him up from middle school by sitting on my car's hood and playing banjo. Never really had another issue with his behavior after the threat....
  13. Re: Gibson threatening the mandolin and guitar luthier community

It would be a good ad, pull one out, tune it and play.
    Like the old Timex commercials; "Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'"
  14. Re: Lengthy article on bluegrass in the Guardian (UK)

I don't mean to drag the thread where it doesn't belong, I just mean that I enjoy playing the music (not that I'm that great at it). I just get disgusted at everything being made into a protest of...
  15. Re: Lengthy article on bluegrass in the Guardian (UK)

Why in the world is everything suddenly a "protest"? Whatever happened to just plain having fun?
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: JazzMando website to sunset soon

I'm sorry to hear of this. Lurked there and got the gist of FFcP which has really improved my playing (my opinion only!).
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: How do you clean strings after playing?

They're harder and harder to find, but I've always used cloth baby diapers; no lint, soft, and reusable.
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Where are you from?

Let's see...
    Military Brat born and raised...
    Kansas; Oklahoma; Texas; Florida; Naples, Italy; Great Falls, Montana; Germany; Ohio; Utah; currently Montana (again!). Like George R. Lane, probably...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: What Does Bruce Weber Have Planned?

You really ought to know; depending on which university one attended "Bobcat" or "Grizzly" can be considered fightin' words.:))
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Fretboard Gazing?

If I pay too much attention to my fingers I too start messing up-badly. It's like my fingers get embarassed by too much attention!
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: OP's not responding to advice

Curmudgeons Unite!
  22. Re: At what point do I admit I'm a mandolinist?

I started on guitar at about 17 and have always been just a guitar player. I've been playing at mandolin for about 20 years and am still just a mandolin player. The label/title "guitarist" or...
  23. Re: Breedlove production moving to China -- Will Weber be next?

I own 3 Flatirons; 1 A, 1 F-5, and one A-style Mandola. Part of the impetus to purchase them was their price, the most important part was not that they were made in the US, it was that were made in...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Wrong string in a D'addario EFW74 set

Somewhere around 1985 I purchased a set of D'Addario strings from a local music store in Ankara, Turkey. It was missing the G-string. I snail mailed D'Addario (this is pre-e-mail). I received a...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: If you hadn't been a musician...

Amen!
Page 1 of 2 1 2