Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Church Praise Band Question

I'm going to echo that sentiment. Just because I have a mandolin and can play it does not mean that I should automatically be included in any group, even if I or others think I should be.

I...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Church Praise Band Question

I am the pastor of a very conservative Lutheran church. As you could probably guess, most of our music is older hymns with an organ as accompaniment. I love that above statement because some...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Metsäkukkia - Finnish waltz

Nice Job !

That is one of the mandatory Finnish tunes to learn along the SD/MN state line along with Karjalan Katjuusa and Emma's Waltz.
  4. Re: Name that TUNE - please help! We're been stumped for years!

Aly's Waltz

I believe written for Aly Bain by Terry Rasmussen
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Montana mandolin field trip

Russ,
    We were glad you made it to the Fiddlers' Picnic that year. You certainly kept that corner of the pasture hopping. Just talked with Dave and Candace and they are set for another year.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: September Song Tab

If you are talking about the video, it won't play on this site but just click where it says "YouTube" on the bottom and it will take you to the clip.
  7. Re: Need suggestions: the diffrecne betw old time jam and song ci

David is correct. Make it your party. Be polite, but be firm. Make it clear in your invitation what the expectations are for that particular jam. Accentuate the positive - this is what we are...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Dean claws on mandolin worth?

Or a "Claw" and a "Sun" ? Beat me to it !!
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Bass mando in horrible shape

Sounds like you may have stumbled upon a Berda which in the tamburitza world is the equivalent of the bass. Does it perhaps look like something like this?

10. Replies
    Views

Re: know of any fictional mandolinists?

Merrie Melodies
    "Lady, Play Your Mandolin!"
    1931 ??
  11. Re: Anxiety when separated from my Mandolin? Nightmares?

If you're on Maui and no Mando - Bounty Music will rent you one. Nice folks !