Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: No Power Tool Mandolin

Just a note, I want to make a back and bend the sides before buying anything else, because I want to prove to my dad that I'm not just wasting our money. I plan to start on the back this weekend, and...
  2. Replies
    Views

1. Both. I want a very playable instrument, but I want it to feel like my own work of art. I want it to be unique to only me, and don;t want it to be normal, per se.

2. I have a decent bit of...
  3. Replies
    Views

Lunch break, finishing work quickly, and a lot of free time at home.
  4. Replies
    Views

I'm not going to India for this. I am going to visit my sick grandparents, and go to a wedding, and spend time with my family. It's just that this is also a great opportunity to get some nice, exotic...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Flamed Maple Top on a Mandolin

Because luthierie is an art, not a math equation. If somebody painted the Mona Lisa a billion times just because it is the most famous painting, art wouldn't be valuable at all. As we get older, we...
  6. Who is your favorite Mandolin Player? And which song?

Chris Thile is my favorite mandolin player and I like his cover of 2+2=5. I am rather new to this community so that is subject to change, however.
  7. Replies
    Views

Thanks, but I'm not really interested in that. I want to build my own mandolin from blocks of wood to a beautiful instrument.
  8. Replies
    Views

Sorry, but I live in a household with other people, and I am a high school student, so that is most definitely not an option. Also, my phone was $15 and I am using a school computer to post this so...
  9. Replies
    Views

Here are my reasons:

Have absolutely no power tools.
    Can't afford them either.
    Don't have space for them either.

A different satisfaction to build something completely by hand, and using no...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Quirky little idea

164935 Kinda like this lol
  11. Replies
    Views

Quirky little idea

Hey guys, I want to build a mandolin, so I was thinking how to make my mandolin as visually striking as possible, and then I had this crazy idea. If you know how bookmatching works, I was wondering...