Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: How to deal with 'The Beast from the East'

Wasn't the best of weeks - an although we had a lot of snow, for here, on Thursday/Friday, it's all gone now. Mrs Jones was home all week, so the mandolin practise had to be managed - though I did...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: St. Paddy's Day song

The Fields of Athenry Would be a must for me on St. Pats day
  3. Re: A tip for improving your playing in one hour...

I've been dipping in to the classical music I used to be able to play on the violin, many years ago. The Bach concerto for two violins was a favorite - but I cannot get anywhere near that atm on the...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: 'Mandolin Day' in Chester (UK) 14/4/18

I'll add my support - but won't be able to come along as it's the school Easter holidays and Mrs Jones & I will be away. Good lucek - be great to see more of these events. Or perhaps I just havn't...
  5. Thread: Slurs

by sportsnapper
    Replies
    Views

Re: Slurs

Actually, going back to the OP's orignal question - it's a really great question if you're new to playing the mandolin, yet happen to be an experienced musician.

I was playing the Vivaldi Concerto...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Looking for a mandolin around 500$

My Valentine - my Kentucky KM-150 arrived today from Amazon UK, and thankfully wasn't nicked from the doorstep as we were out!

Great step up from my current instrument. Very pleased with the tone,...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Notation/Tab Softwares

I've been using musescore- it's very capable and the forum is very supportive. It imports Midi qute well - but the pdf import is very hit and miss. Guitar Pro will also import .tef files, and feels a...