Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: A Question for Thomastic Infeld Aficionados

Tried some Starks on my MTO; wanted to like them but after a few weeks I restrung with Elixir lights. I find that Thomastiks need an exceptional mandolin to overcome their subtle tone. For me, the...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Frank Solivan and ToneSlabs picks

I just picked up a 1.4 Tweener. Gobsmacked! I actually think it’s every bit as grippy as a Blue Chip. Tone is indeed a bit brighter. My new favorite pick.

Tom
  3. Re: What has happened to Elixir mando strings?

As of this late afternoon/evening, Monday 6 June 2021, the last shipment of Elixir Mandolin strings -- light and medium -- have arrived at Strings and Beyond. Check 'em out.

Tom
  4. Re: What has happened to Elixir mando strings?

Eric,

I managed to order five sets of the light gauge Elixirs from Dave’s Guitar Shop. That reduces their inventory to five. I know it’s a first-world problem, but it’s a sad day nonetheless....
  5. Re: Levon Helm’s Gibson F-4 what year is it ?

Thanks for posting the You Tube video of Levon Helm. What a fine musician and human being! Always to be remembered.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Thomastiks on a Collings MT?

Been playing for only two years and with EJ74s on an MT2. Tried a set of TIs 154 mediums and am hooked. Been working on classical pieces and the TIs simply have the right sound and feel.
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Buying without being able to play

Another vote for the Northfield F5s. It’s the least expensive of the three mandolins I play, but it’s often the first one I take out of the case and the last I put away.
  8. Re: Mandolin sheet music in standard notation only: where is it?

David,

Many, many thanks. Water for a thirsty wanderer in the desert.

Tom

- - - Updated - - -

I did not know that, Bill.