Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: new mandolin player in the family

Hey Drew...glad to see you taking time to pick with the "little one". Good job and thanks for posting that pic.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: new mandolin player in the family

hehe...I have a "kitty picker" at my house too.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin pick's

I always enjoy reading threads on picks. I've been picking the mandolin for almost 20 months and being retired gives me the chance to pick daily. Like the OP I played 50's and 60's rock guitar and...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Beginners Thoughts

I been pickin the mandolin a little over a year and a half. Never had one in my hand before that but I did pick some guitar and banjo. Lost interest in those mainly because of my shoulder pain...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Bowl Back at Nashville Goodwill

thanks Allen..the "clown shoe" case caught my eye. i don't remember seeing one before. The 'ol bowl back mandolin looks pretty cool too.
  6. Replies
    Views

Bowl Back at Nashville Goodwill

Saw this old Sears mandolin with a cool looking case on the goodwill auction site. Thought some café members might enjoy the pics. It's at the Nashville store and bet theres probably some Nashville...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Facing evacuation

My family and I are keeping you and yours in our thoughts and prayers as well as all the firefighters, ems, law enforcement officers and the many volunteers that are involved in this. It is hard to...
  8. Re: Charlie Derrington's 1970s Danny Ferrington F5 Mandolin

Good story Boge, thanks for sharing. BTW I am a fan of Gunblast.com. Ya'll do a great job over there.

Jack
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: New Member intro

Welcome WW...I been hanging around the café for a year and I am amazed at the information that can be found here. Thanks again to Scott and the gang for maintaining this website. It's always a...
  10. Re: For those people suffering pins & needles or numbness a video

Thanks Darren for taking time to do this video. Glad to see you are picking again.
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: This is so warming to read...

https://www.facebook.com/lafayettelu/videos/877513348936004/:mandosmiley:
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Happy Birthday! Brutus & Big Joe Vest

Happy birthday Big Joe..always enjoy reading your posts.
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Who's up for a UK Meet-up?

ouch!..hope you have a speedy recovery Darren.
  14. Re: Try To Be : High Mountain Road @ Summergrass 2015

Haven't heard that tune before...watched the video earlier and the tune got "stuck" in my head. I had to watch it again. Great job!
  15. Thread: Freeborn Man

by Jackgaryk
    Replies
    Views

Re: Freeborn Man

B.K...that was some mighty fine picking and singing. Fine sounding mandolin you have there. Thnx for posting.
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Best way to learn? I need some advice!

http://www.mandolessons.com/
  17. Thread: Jts Picks

by Jackgaryk
    Replies
    Views

Re: Jts Picks

hey..at a buck a piece, I ordered a sample pack for me and one for a picking buddy of mine. I've always said half the fun playing the mandolin is trying out new picks. :mandosmiley:
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Soloing - Bluegrass style

I read somewhere to listen to a tune "22" times back to back....then it will be in your head and you can play it on the mandolin. I tried that a couple times but I always fell asleep around #9. :)
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Rattles.. Oh the joy.

Reach around and pat yourself on the back Joey...Good job.
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin and Tendinitis Surgery

Quitting mandolin? Really? What will "The Brat" do? A good chiropractor can heal all you ailments. Maybe a chiropractor that plays mandolin. Or maybe you could use a couple stiff drinks.
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: New music video

That's some mighty fine picking and singing.
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Oh when will the dents/dings end?

I feel your pain Joey. My Eastman has a varnish finish. At first I tried to be especially protective of it even to the point of not pickin it regularly. Finger nail and pick marks seemed to pop up...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: 2.5mm-3mm pick

check out the V-Pick website. they have a huge selection of picks.
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: How long did it take?

Homer, I am about a year and a half into playing mandolin also. I gotta tell you I am damn good at it too. hehe..that is as long as I am sitting in my living room "alone". I am having fun tho...i...
  25. Re: Happy 12th Bday to the "puppy" in my avatar...

forgot to say...scary is not a dog....but thinks he is. happy birthday elsie.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3