Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Comfy in our new RV

Mark, in an earlier post, I said I was envious. There’s a reason.

Closest I’ve ever been RVing was in July of 1982 courtesy of a very close friend. I had gone through a stressful couple of years....
  2. Replies
    Views

Winfield Cancelled

Haven't seen it posted so I'll do it. Just saw the notice that Winfield is off. If you bought tickets they're good for next year.
  3. Replies
    Views

Carter Vintage Guitars on GibsonTV

Really enjoyed this. And... wait for it... wait...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jkh6iA3noJM
  4. East Tennessee Blues by Joe K. Walsh & Aaron Weinstein

This is what happens during social isolation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sYYgPGmx1M
  5. Original Song and Video - Wash Your Hands!

I think this should have been posted in the Songs and Compositions Forum... apologies! Please feel free to delete this or move it... I don't know how. :mandosmiley:

Hey, everyone,

I wrote...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Live From Home

7. Replies
    Views

If You Are Able…

If you’re able, please consider the following:

1. Check in (telephone, text, email) with friends, neighbors, relatives, and acquaintances. Especially the elderly and those who may have some...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Music "Stand" Challenge

A clear plastic "treadmill book holder" (they seem to run from $12 to $30) should hook over the top of most monitors.

I can assure you that they DO conveniently hook over the top of most car's...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: not counting but

SEVEN octave mandolins?!?!?!

Just say "no mas" to OMAS.
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Hoffee vs new Calton vs Pegasus vs ?

I have an old Calton and a new Hoffee. I like the calton better. The hoffee is both bigger and heavier, and not seemingly for good reasons. Also the gloss cost scratches if you glance at it. My wife...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Missing the bluegrass sound

Taking the side track, sorry ... Timothy, like you (and surely many, many others) I notice these errors and cringe, especially when I make one. I do generally refrain from posting corrections on...
  12. Replies
    Views

Read Me First

The old Forum software has been reinstalled. But I wasn't done meddling just yet. I saw some things in the other version and decided they had their place here so changes have occurred in the...
  13. Replies
    Views

OneMic Series- The David Grisman Quintet

Beautiful in every way...

Enjoy!
    Dem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4FCyzZXTVA
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: crossrock fiberglass mandolin cases

I recently acquired a Crossrock for my Weber F Fern wearing a Tone-gard and armrest and the mando fits great. I very much like the fact that the lid applies pressure to the tailpiece and the...
  15. Re: Gibson threatening the mandolin and guitar luthier community

Well, Gibson has not enforced its supposedly "trademarked" design for the F5 mandolin model (f-holes, carved body shape, 2 points, scroll, curlicue headstock, etc.) in almost a full century....
  16. Replies
    Views

Just saw this. Sorry for the late reply. Actually an A style fits quite well, using the included foam block at the tailpiece end.
    And to revise my previous review, the mandolin is held...
  17. Replies
    Views

I also received the Crossrock CRF1000MAFSL Fiberglass Mandolin Case this afternoon.
    Also well made and assembled. No lining or glue issues. The case is slightly bigger than the Superior F case, and...
  18. Replies
    Views

I received the Superior CF-1520W Deluxe Fiberglass F Model Mandolin Case today.
    It is similar to the A style Superior case that I already have. Well built. Not as strong as a Calton or Hoffee, but...
  19. Re: Tab or Notation for Waltz in the Bluegrass (Wakefield) ?

Hey Al, I found it on Mandozine:
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Nancy Blake tune - How to get this tab?

You probably already know that someone tabbed a version for banjo: https://www.banjohangout.org/tab/browse.asp?m=detail&v=21662

This very post and question has been raised here before, at least...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Musician Jokes

How many musicians does it take to resolve a thread asking a question about changing a string?

1 answers the question posted by the OP.
    6 share their experiences in string changing and methods of...