Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Anyone else want one of these?

Unfortunately you seldom see these available.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Great tenor playing

Here is the original.....

F1ax8GRJMZM
  3. Re: Henrique Cazes cavaquinho. This is absolutely beautiful!

Henrique Cazes narrates and participates in a video survey and travelogue about the cavaquinho. Four 1 hr. episodes. Brush up on your Portuguese, or at least skip between music segments....
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Jean Ritche RIP

A sad day indeed. I wonder how many folks here know how truly influential she was. She was a breath of fresh air when the music of our country needed it a lot. When she moved from Kentucky to New...
  5. Replies
    Views

JustStrings sale

20% off on Thomastik,free shipping on orders over $30
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Century Strings Draleon Royale

My D'jangolin is Uke sized .. But slices Through better than a Nylon Cheese cutter
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Rest in peace - Joe Carr

Indeed, mine was one of those lives. Although we never met in person, we exchanged hundreds of emails during the years we wrote our book on Irish mandolin. Published by Mel Bay (of course!) in...
  8. Replies
    Views

Rest in peace - Joe Carr

South Plains College instructor of bluegrass and prominent Mel Bay author Joe Carr passed away today. Joe was a beautiful guy and an important figure in the history of bluegrass and early country...
  9. Re: Jonathan McClanahan "revoicing" a 2002 Gibson F-5 Master Mode

Hey guys! Thank you for your comments! Open debate is good. I have been in the instrument business a long time and I understand "market value" of musical instruments etc... as good as anyone. BUT, I...
  10. Re: Indian Mandolin Master U. Shrinivas has died

Shrinivas was a marvel of nature. Able to play freely with a brilliant mind, superb creativity and an incomparable technique. He was a tremendous human being. One of the most humble I have ever met....
  11. Replies
    Views

The GAL Convention

The Guild of American Luthiers (GAL) is a professional association of luthiers based in Tacoma, WA, near where I happen to live. I've just finished attending their triannual convention and thought...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Rare Apollon photo found. He was a Cruiser!

Here it is with the damage repaired. I guess if you're trying to sell a photo you shouldn't upload a high quality scan.
  13. Replies
    Views

Rare Apollon photo found. He was a Cruiser!

Finding any candid photo of Dave Apollon is pretty hard to find these days. Now you can add to his early 30's touring schedule cruise ship entertainment. It seems he cruised the ultra luxury cruise...
  14. Drop Box is now available for Italian 'ballo liscio' sheet music.

I have been working for quite a while now, having scanned very old public domain sheet music I own. What's been done so far is now available in a Drop Box; hundreds of old ballo liscio sheet music...
  15. Rare Tiny Moore live jam recording: Limehouse Blues

Check this out:
    http://yourlisten.com/justsayroe/sonny-richter-limehouse-blues-jam-wtiny-moore-roy-nichols

Not entirely certain which solo is Tiny's ...
  16. Re: Dave Rawlings Machine doing "Off to California".

He'd have to pay royalties to Robert Plant then though.
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Tenor Guitar Gallery & Sightings

This was posted in the mandolin forum, but it belongs here:

http://youtu.be/4O-rX2-7VhM

And I haven't seen this posted yet either:

http://youtu.be/OQNa7sBYwr0
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: About those 48 hour approval periods....

There are some replies that say it better than I did earlier, but the conclusion I draw from this thread (so far, anyway) is that there are a lot of people who shouldn't be buying mail order because...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Loar's Mando/Viola 70321

Greetings fellow lovers of Loar lore. I borrowed this unique instrument from it's very knowledgeable custodian (at the time) to see how it would sound on a recording. I tuned the instrument (as I...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Ovation USA closes down

Actually, Delsbrother, he's listed in the OVATION AUTHORIZED REPAIR SHOPS -

GUITAR REMEDY
    13361 YORBA STREET
    SANTA ANA, CA 92705
    714-544-8350

guitarremedyATgmailDOTcom

His name is Paul...
  21. Replies
    Views

Thile at Carter Vintage Guitars

Hey everybody, check out these youtoobs of CT putting some Gilchrists and Gibsons through the paces.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkC_RBt7bYlkCI_5VPwFbA
  22. Replies
    Views

Homemade carbon fiber mandolin

About 6 years ago I built myself a carbon fiber mandolin. I posted on here about it, here's the thread:

http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/showthread.php?41820-Carbon-fiber-mandolin

That...
  23. Re: An experiment in using vinyl templates for mandolin parts.

No it's not important for the medium to be flexible although that can have it's advantages. For instance, when making top and back templates, I can calculate the cosine error for individual sets of...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Hide glue reccomendations

I would never use a liquid hide glue since I am comfortable with hot hide glue. That said, liquid hide glue does have some serious advantages over Titebond. You can clean it off and reglue...
  25. Re: pleasant surprise (offshoot of the Monteleone mandolins threa

Suggestions flood in, for mandolins CeeCee will probably never get to try before making her decision. A choice to spend the kind of money she's contemplating, should be based around personal...
Page 1 of 2 1 2