Search:

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Thread: RIP Loretta Lynn

by FredK
    Replies
    Views

Re: RIP Loretta Lynn

She was a true pioneer and down-to-earth. RIP.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: RIP Loretta Lynn

I heard Loretta perform at the Ryman many years ago. I am thankful for the authentic music she shared and that she lived a very long life. She was the real deal, that sweet and talented woman. May...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: In Praise of Hans Brentrup

I think Hans could make a wonderful sounding mandolin out of any stable wood. He sure made great ones. Enjoy it!

Jamie
  4. Replies
    Views

NMD - Brentrup Model 23

This was a completely unplanned NMD. Had Friday off work and decided to stop by the Homestead Pickin' Parlor in Richfield, MN. Was going to maybe get some strings and check out the picks. Wandered...
  5. Replies
    Views

Cafe Classified

As of this moment 14 out of 18 postings in the mandolin classifieds are dealers selling their wares.

I'd like to see them separated--dealers in one place and private sellers in another.

Your...
  6. A little taste of Take Five at the end of music practice ...

A short snippet of Dave Brubeck's famous composition from the end of one of our practice sessions.

LINK
  7. Craig Wilson WA-5 "Griffith Loar Tribute" mandolin....she's mine!

I just acquired the above mentioned mandolin, and it's an outstanding instrument, punching FAR above it's weight in tone, volume and overall fit and finish. I'll try to post some pictures and video...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Sirius Satellite Bluegrass

HA! Now that was funny…

I also subscribed to Sirius for Bluegrass Junction, but I listen to it a lot less than I used to.

I think Mr. Christianson does make some valid points:

They just play...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Sirius Satellite Bluegrass

I'm not responding to this particular posting but to the positive remarks about Bluegrass Junction beamed to us earthlings from cyber0uterspace or wherever. The positive responses support my...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Ads without a price

An opinion from one of my friends: "They're embarrassed to publish their price because it's too high."
    My take on it: If you don't publish a price, I'm not interested, and you've lost a potential...
  11. Replies
    Views

Some folks are just not very good at writing ads, or they lack experience, and simply forget to include the price. In some other cases, the price isn't found in the body of the ad, but it can be...
  12. Replies
    Views

Same here, how do I know if I am interested if I don't know the price.
  13. Replies
    Views

No... you are not alone in this. I never, ever respond to an ad with no price listed. No price... No Dice.
  14. Replies
    Views

Ads without a price

I often notice ads in the classified section that do not list a price.
    Is this through forgetfulness when placing the ad or is it some selling ploy to get you interested?
    Personally, I find it very...
  15. Replies
    Views

Gibson Opry Mills Facility

This morning while looking for something else I bumped into these pictures taken by Richard Johnston in a visit to Gibson's Opry Mills facility back in 2000. It's no longer there but it was a fun...
  16. Our version of David Grisman's 'Ricochet' / quarantine video

Just wanted to share this project I was fortunate to be a part of. My best buddy, Brian 'Willie' Williams figured the three mandolin parts to Ricochet, one of the tunes I've dreamed of playing since...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: “Banjo killer”? Wishful thinking?

The only instrument that will kill a banjo or a fiddle (possibly both at the same time) is a set of bagpipes.
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Bogstreet LEAP Series Picks

Borrowing a quote from an old co-worker “Alls I know is” I’m going to keep “playing” with my new fidget spinner and not have to worry about fidgeting with a pick anymore.
  19. Replies
    Views

New Mandola - Video

Coall Instruments built their first mandola. So I tried it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhVFWenKcdw
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Bill Monroe's Actual Pick and Phone Number

I wonder if Autumn McDaniel, ever gets calls for Bill Monroe?

;)
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Show off your back side

2018 Campanella A-5

22. Re: Makes me long for the old "Photoshop This" threads

23. edit of the bluegrass album with only bobby hick's solos

i made an edit of the best bluegrass album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p3fOB1AeDE
  24. Replies
    Views

2017 Boeh A5 sound clips

I've had the mandolin a few more days and I'm liking better every day. I made a few sound clips that gives a better representation of the tone than the video. Here's the link to the clips. I hope it...
  25. Replies
    Views

The Ol Pals Footprints in the Snow

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ol%27+pals++footprints+in+the+snow+youtube&view=detail&mid=1C92F2451B631F0E27CA1C92F2451B631F0E27CA&FORM=VIRE
    The Ol' Pals is a band I was able to assemble from...
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4