Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Spring String Gathering-Baraboo, Wi-Clarion Hotel, April 3-5,2020

April 3-5, 2020
    Clarion Hotel and Convention Center
    626 West Pine St
    Baraboo, WI 53913
    608-356-6422

Attention Mandolin Jammers

We invite you to join us at our 2020 Spring...
  2. Spring String Gathering, Baraboo, WI, Clarion Hotel, 4/12-14/19

Hope you can make it to our Spring String Gathering and Jam Fest!!!! April 12-14, 2019

WEBLINK: www.stringgathering.com

The Baraboo Clarion Hotel venue will have multiple jam areas always...
  3. Fall String Gathering, Clarion Hotel, Nov 16-18, 2018-Jam Fest!!

Welcome!! Are you ready to jam, learn and share new tunes, and join with others and have a great time!!

Traditional music lovers, mark the weekend of November 16-18, 2018 on your calendars for...
  4. Re: Wood Binding--Preventing the Stain From Bleeding onto Binding

Hey Thanks Marty---Yes, I was planning to test all of this on scrap as you suggest.

Appreciate it.

Andy
  5. Replies
    Views

Yet Another Dovetail Question....

Hi Fellow Mando Builders,

Working on dovetails and am using the straight dovetail with a slight taper sanded/filed into the dovetail and headlock. I wonder any of if you can would have any tips or...
  6. F-5 Point Material Choice--When Using Curly Maple Bindings

Hi--Have any of you used ebony or any other mater for the corner points along with curly maple binding? Just wondering what types of point material builders have used besides celluloid or bone and...
  7. Dealing with "Ridges" on Figured Maple Back

Hi--I am dealing with sanding/scraping ridges that occur with smoothing a curly maple back---do any of you have any tips or strategies to suggest that work for you?

I am getting there between ...
  8. Re: Bending Wood Bindings--An Alternative Approach-----

Yes--various wood binding bending techniques are covered at the beginning (skip ahead if you already know this)....I didn't mean to waste anyone's time with this but wanted to share information for...
  9. Mandolin Builder's Super Summit (from the past)

Hi fellow builders..passing this along. The Co-mando list serve held an online discussion several years ago on various building techniques with many well known builders. The questions and...