Search:

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Kelley redwood/koa F5

Just finished setting up this mandolin. It had a redwood top from brother Ken’s stash and koa back, sides and neck. I’m really happy with this sound. Nice trebles, strong mid-range and strong bass....
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Best Mandolin under 1500

I am impressed with Howard Morris’ mandolins in this price range you asked about. Also, Eastman and Kentucky have excellent options.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Bill Monroe's guitar

No confusion here after decades of photographic studies of Bill's two prewar D28 guitars. The first one bought used around 1940 was a mid 30's D28 Martin. It was used by all the Boys up until late...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Thomas (Skip) Kelly?

Thanks fella’s. I feel I’m the one that’s blessed. I’m so thankful you are enjoying your mandolins.:mandosmiley:
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: The Traveling Pick Sampler - Anyone Interested?

I received sampler #2 a few days ago, and have been playing with them. Turns out I had gotten #2 a while ago - long enough ago that I thought I had #1. I recognized my labeling of the ziplock bags,...
  6. Replies
    Views

I contacted Allen Goin with BlueChip picks today to see if he had any other recommendations besides the two CT55s that remain in each sampler. Fingers crossed.

I’ll be in contact with all the...
  7. Replies
    Views

Good morning all you wonderful pickers! This will be my last update on the MC Pick Sampler lists because as I've stated multiple times in recent posts, the day both samplers have shipped is the day...
  8. Replies
    Views

Keeping this thing organized and going is a big (and complicated) deal. Chris did a great job.
  9. Replies
    Views

Updated tracking from usps shows today is now the day.

I will wait another day to get an address from NotReadyForProd (there wasn't one in their original DM) for Sampler #2. If I don't...
  10. Replies
    Views

Thanks to all for the patience I forced upon you, but at least the interminable wait is over! Both pick samplers have been checked and are ready to ship out. I've seen a dozen attempts by various...
  11. Oregon Mandolin Orchestra Summer Special Live/Virtual Concert

202446 202445

When: 3 p.m. PDT Sunday, Aug. 14
    Live: St. Barnabas Episcopal Church, 2201 S.W. Vermont St., Portland
    Virtual: Zoom link https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87530908286
    Donation: ...
  12. Replies
    Views

NMD - Northfield Big Mon

My mandolin from Avenue Guitars arrived today!

I play guitar, but this will be an entirely new journey. It's beautiful, and although I have nothing to compare it to, I believe it will sound very...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Guitarist looking for a Weber

charlie and Capt. Kirk, I did go for it. It should be here on Friday afternoon. James from TMS returned my inquiry straight away before the store opened. He sent me some additional pics, a link to a...
  14. Replies
    Views

NMD - Turkey Creek

I can't tell you how many times Ive typed 'turkey creek' into the classifieds search only to find nothing. I finally found one for sale locally well within my budget.

And as of today, I am the...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Vernon Bryant Mandolin?

If they are built by “the” Vern Bryant, you’d be wise to buy them all. Everyone I’ve ever seen and heard was a killer Loar sounding mandolin.
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Describe your MAS progression

Ex guitar player so I’d had some experience, but saw someone playing at a festival and thought “I should try that “. Started innocently but my first instrument was a 1916 Gibson A. Rang like a...
  17. Re: Holding on to your personal Holy Grail mandolin

A pre-owned Nugget A-5 Deluxe fell into my lap 2 months after my wife died. A very emotional acquisition, because she had OK'd a Nugget purchase and I was on the prowl for months before she became...
  18. Replies
    Views

NMD - MAS has struck

After exhaustive online prowling, I settled on the Kentucky KM-1000B. Boy howdy!
    Now I just have to prove myself worthy of this quality instrument!
  19. Replies
    Views

Well MAS has got me bad!!!!

After starting Mandolin, a couple of months ago, I could never get a blacktop Mando out of my head as something I would really love to have. Same with a Pava just. For some reason that just seemed...
  20. Re: Holding on to your personal Holy Grail mandolin

I’ve had my Heiden A5 for about 14 years now. Many others have come and gone but it has stood the test of time.
  21. Re: Holding on to your personal Holy Grail mandolin

My keeper—-Henderson #108, built for me in 2008

22. Replies
    Views

Re: Holding on to your personal Holy Grail mandolin

My Heiden Heritage Model F-5 #107 is one of around 20 in existence and the most beautiful mandolin I have ever seen. It took years of searching, and playing dozens of mandolins costing from a few...
  23. Replies
    Views

Happy Birthday Wake Frankfield!

Wishing you a most Happy Birthday Frank... and many more!

One of the most brilliant, creative and "natural" musicians I have ever heard in my life...

Frank showed us all "how the cat got the...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Summit Mandolin Models

I had some correspondence with Paul back in May-June 2021. My Artist F5 was starting to have issues with the celluloid blocks on the points disintegrating. At first it looked like crazing in the...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: McClung Armrest

I received mine today and so far I really like it! Doug provided great customer service!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4