Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Crowd Funded Co-Op Music Store Idea

I've been a member of, and have worked for, multiple cooperatives which have sold goods to the general public in addition to their membership. I've also worked for a music store which had a...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Crowd Funded Co-Op Music Store Idea

I like the idea, and to echo Hattio and Jeff, don't let anyone discourage you, if you believe you have a solid idea.

Here are a couple of facts that were already touched on. Selling musical...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman Violins for Fiddles?

I'm glad you made your choice. Enjoy your fiddling.
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Where can I learn more about Jethro Burns?

I too very much admire Jethro and his playing...check out this website that has recordings of his lessons.

http://www.theacousticcompany.com/jethro/index.html

The man to contact is Don...
  5. Re: Please tell me I've got enough to sound 'bluegrass'

Play what YOU like, the way YOU like it, and put your soul in it. It will sound JUST fine!

Oh yeah, use what YOU have to do it! Dont fall into the trap of ..."If I ONLY had _____ I could make...
  6. Re: Star Wars mandolin chopped from the final cut

Han was OK at playing rhythm but man could he solo!
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Bluegrass- the 800 pound gorilla in the room?

Just imagine how banjo players must feel. Seriously though, Bluegrass is pretty popular among a large part of the mandolin playing world. It just stands to reason that the look and sound of mandolins...
  8. Re: what are the options for affordable F-styles?

Hi something,

You are entirely correct; it has been "done to death". I understand how you feel about f-style mandolins though. I love them too.
    I do not want to sound snobbish or dismissive...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: What's On Your Holiday Wish List?

I don't need any more "things." If folks would consider a donation, large or small, to their local animal rescue group, I'd be delighted. Good Dog Rescue in Memphis is a wonderful organization;...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: What do you want out of your music store?

Things that (should) set a brick-and-mortar store apart from on-line retail:

-Set up. If you buy an instrument from a store, it should be setup and playable. A good store will go over it and tweek...
  11. Re: How Long Did You Fight MAS Before Submitting?

Maybe she wants you to wait a few months 'cause she's planning to get it for you for Christmas! ;)
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Why such an addiction to F5s?

Because F is five more than A. That should be obvious...

Seriously.. because an A is like a four-door sedan. An F is a two-door hardtop. An A is a Kawasaki Voyager. And F is a Harley...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Ghs silk & steel strings

Don from D'Addario here - this is accurate. We coat the wrap wire and the wind the string as any of our other production strings. Players with acidic sweat (unfortunately like myself) find that they...
  14. Replies
    Views

I recieved a brand new Eastman 815 last week....

I recieved a brand new Eastman 815 last week. When I took the 815 varnish and started to play, I liked the sound, the tone, the volume, the feeling, and of course, the varnish finish. After a while,...