Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Nick Dumas’s New Album

If you’re wondering where you can get it... Nick has a new website: www.nickdumasmusic.com
  2. Replies
    Views

Hinde Mandolin “Family Reunion”

This weekend I had the opportunity to get together with a bunch of fellow Hinde owners. It was so fun to meet others and see the different mandolins that Steve Hinde has made. Steve was even kind...
  3. Replies
    Views

Nick Dumas’s New Album

I just got my hands on the new solo album that Nick Dumas just released and it is definitely worth checking out. It is full of great tunes and also has top notch musicians on it as well. I love the...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: My New Hinde Mandolin!

Thank you! I didn’t realize there was a forum (I just subscribed a few weeks ago). I posted it there now too.
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: My New Hinde Mandolin!

Thank you!! Here’s a song I’ve been working on... hopefully it will give you a good idea of the sound. It’s just recorded with an iPhone.https://youtu.be/YMJW170mQko
  6. Replies
    Views

My New Hinde Mandolin!

Hi!
    I wanted to take the chance to show off my new mandolin since I’m pretty excited about it:grin:. If anyone is considering ordering a mandolin from Steve at Hinde Custom Instruments, I highly...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Which mandolin should I buy?

Do you have a timeline for how soon you want the mando in your hands? That might be part of the decision. A custom one could possibly take several month to years depending on the builder. Also do you...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolins are Cool

It sounds like you may be like me in the fact that my poor fiddle has been taking a back seat to the mandolin ever since I started playing. There really is something about it that has stolen my...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: No to cookie cutter mandolins

I’m considering having a mando built similar to this... maroon face, natural back and sides, tortoise binding. I’ve been told on the Cafe that it’s resale value won’t be as good with the natural...
  10. Re: Any builders/aspiring builders/luthiers in Minnesota?

I agree with ajh. Lloyd is a very approachable and wonderful person and so is Steve Rossow. I don’t know Cricket Fiddle so I can’t comment on that.
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Help me choose a back

I’m having Steve Hinde build it for me. I’m not sure where he gets it.

- - - Updated - - -

That looks beautiful!!
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Left Forearm Pain

Well I went to the chiropractor and found out I have tennis elbow. I purchased a theraband flexbar and that really has made a difference. Between icing my elbow and using that... I no longer am...
  13. Does the A vs F style price point even out eventually??

Hi,
    I know that in the cheaper mandolins that it is often said you will get more bang for your buck with an A style rather than an F... and I agree with this. What I’m wondering is if there is a...