Search:

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Pick Choice on Electric Mandolin vs Acoustic

Red Bear or D'Addario caesine on acoustic, D'Andrea Pro Plec on electric.
  2. Re: Mandolin Sheet music and breakdown: Old Joe Clark

Monroe's solo was basically doubling each note. The Osbourne brothers really made it more jazz-like (swingish) with passing tones. I kinda like the Ricky Scaggs version that used to be online in TEF...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: aging fingers just can't cut it anymore

I worry about this myself as I am 63 and care for my Dad who is 94. My fingers have kept up (for how long, I wonder.) but his have given out in a lot of ways. He is very independent for someone his...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD: Northfield F5S Amber

Looks like a keeper.
  5. Re: Andrew and Emily of Watchhouse Band hit by car in crosswalk

Glad they seem to be okay. They're a very talented group.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Casein picks problem

So you can't just flip it and play it back the other way? I've done that with picks that warp.
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: The newest hot mandolin accessory!

My son lives in Rochester, MN, and I'm always in shock at the temperatures he faces this time of year.
  8. Re: Speaker size for 4-string emando amplifier

I'll let you know how the hotrails sound when I get an amp. :)
  9. Re: Replacement pickups for 8 string Chinocaster?

Bill Lawrence makes a nice set of hotrail-style double-coils that are easy to install. Billlawrencepickups.com
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD, But there's a problem

Upgrade to a 750. She'll be ready for that soon enough! LOL. (I tried to interest my sons in mandolin to no avail, but I never expected my youngest to run out and buy a banjo -- the shame of it all!...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Fender medium-gauge guitar pick

I use that kind of pick for a guitar, but for mandolin, I want something with more backbone, like a D'Andrea Proplec or a casein pick. To each his own.
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman needs new strings

I bought Monels while I investigate the XS/XT difference. I'll probably try the XS on my other mandolin -- as soon as I put a strap button on it.
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: What's in your case?

Picks, strings, tuner, strap, tool, winder, cloth, humidifier, pencil... oh yeah, one mandolin.
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: New Pava = 2 New Songs 2 Me

Nice job... and a gorgeous Pava you got there!
  15. Re: A tune I wrote for octave mandolin - Something Squirrelly

Sweet. Nice picking.
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Received my Ebay Stradolin

I have an Eastman 605 and an old Stradolin my friend inherriited and gifted to me. I had the Stradolin cleaned and setup and it sounds better than my Eastman (except that I have one fret that isn't...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Strap Recommendation for A-style

Make your own. https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/threads/147432-How-to-make-your-own-A-style-strap-from-paracord
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: An interesting accessory...

My wife hates my mandolin playing. The frequencies get to her. I play guitar and she loves it. I still play, but less when she's around.
  19. Replies
    Views

An interesting accessory...

Gotta get me one of these. :)

20. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Inspired Beer

It's typically the other way around. :)
  21. Replies
    Views

Rockin' the Dulcimer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KBvRdR4c44&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR3j4HH1vm0vjzSfguQBkqDlRl0POBNv3lOdKskXb jDWlnVS3XBlap7K5mA
  22. New live video from Andy Statman Trio plus one.

His group shared this one. (PS - That talented banjo player's has spider hands like Jimi Hendrix. :) )

https://www.facebook.com/larry.eagle.90/videos/3221143417956724/
  23. Re: What does a mando set-up cost in your area?

So it came back all set up, oiled and sounding pretty good. The tuners are even facing the right direction! Worth the expense, as good craftsman service usually is.
  24. Thread: Straps

by Elliot Luber
    Replies
    Views

Re: Straps

Thanks atsunrise! I have not experienced any of these problems but it's good to be aware of the risks. I'm currently working on a strad-o-lin project, but after that I'll probably get the Lakotah...
  25. Replies
    Views

Eat your heart out mandobass fans!

A statue in New York City near Battery Park, where boats leave for the Statue of Liberty.

Created by British artist Tony Cragg, Resonating Bodies consists of a pair of bronze...
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4