Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Compton + Critter at Wintergrass

Mike Compton and Chris Eldridge

Bluegrass twist
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OibxunUfKwQ&index=12&list=FLNjXGJcWLfFMjS36YwllDEg

Tennesee Blues...
  2. Re: Has anyone taken a crack at Sierra Hull's Tennessee Waltz?

Here's what she plays in the first video. Gorgeous arrangement, super creative and super difficult. It was also a complete bear to transcribe (as I'm sure a few of you have figured out). Try not...
  3. Replies
    Views

New Giacomel

This should be leaving the land of Giacomel next week and headed to California. It will eventually make its way into Texas, hopefully sooner rather than later. Pretty excited!

4. Thread: Style B

by Mark Seale
    Replies
    Views

Style B

I received this mandolin a few months back and it continues to get better and better. It was built in 1988, but had very little playing time over the years. I'm smitten to say the least. There...
  5. Replies
    Views

Don MacRostie--Red Diamond interview

Minnesota Bluegrass and Old Time Music Association recently published my interview with Don. it addresses several of the questions raised in some recent threads about Red Diamond. Many thanks to...
  6. Replies
    Views

Hand-Splitting Maple For Mandolins...

I get a lot of emails from folks who have a tree in their backyard that is coming down, wondering if it might be good for musical instruments...
    I think that this is the first time--in 35 years of...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Explaining chord progressions

Y'all need a Jim & Fred jam chord hat....
    bexIdm0awwo
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Monroe mando camp in Spt

This was my first time attending Monroe Mandolin Camp, and it was fantastic. My brain is full. Can't wait to see all my friends at the next one, and the next one, and...

In addition to learning...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Nintendo, Legos, or Abalone.........

I'm going to try this again.......... 123530123531123532
  10. Replies
    Views

New Tenor Guitar

I haven't completed any mandolins lately, but I have finished a few guitars. This one is a tenor guitar, and since this forum has a tenor guitar section I figured it would be OK to post a few snap...
  11. Thread: Kimble 219

by Brian Ray
    Replies
    Views

Kimble 219

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhE77PlWYGY
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Bluegrass form

I've never heard Love Come Home with a minor chord in it, nor Lonesome Road Blues. Friend of the Devil, Wagon Wheel, Midnight Moonlight, hardly blue grass.
    Totally agree on Sittin' on Top of the...
  13. Replies
    Views

Steve Gilchrist interview on TLB

Some of you may recall around this time last year I was going to meet up with Steve Gilchrist. Well, we met, had a great time and recorded an interview. Here is a link:
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Monroe style technique books

To me the only real "tutor" is the Carr book. He delves a little more into the whys and wherefores of the Monroe style where the others are simply transcriptions of Monroe tunes, good stuff, and...
  15. Replies
    Views

Mandocello build thread

There have been a few "built threads" lately, and people seem to find them interesting, so I figured... what's one more?
    I debated starting this because this will probably be a long term project...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: White Sorensen Pacifica

Steve is a real craftsman...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: The Old South Transcription

Just heard Shaun Garrity play this at Mando Tasting West...Awesome tune & thanks for transcribing!
  18. Replies
    Views

Siminoff H-4 kit build is done

I feel like a proud Papa.. six long months of whittling away at this but it's finally done! Basic H-4 specs but I installed a Virzi and THINK it adds to the complexity of the sound. I used Golden...
  19. Thread: New Mandola

by wwwilkie
    Replies
    Views

New Mandola

A new mandola with 16" scale and french polished finish.
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Prices dropping on high end mandolins?

[l. It would be a great service to inquiring minds if MC mandated that closing prices must be disclosed as a requirement of using the classifieds. Don't know how you'd enforce it, but if a seller...
  21. 1915 Gibson with custom Alessi tuning machines

My good friend Niccolo Alessi just sent over this set of custom tuning machines he made for a 1915 Gibson mandolin. It is pretty sweet to take the finest performing mandolin machines in the world,...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Why I prefer F-style over A-style

It might, RRRabbit. It might.

I'll be amazed if any of you are old enough to recognize that.
  23. Replies
    Views

Happy Birthday, Big Mon!

Bill Monroe.
  24. Re: One Sweet Letter From You......ala' Joe Stuart and Bill Monro

Here is the recording now that I have figured out how to do it...
  25. #3 A Bean Blossom Moment 1959 That's Alright Bill & Joe Stuart

1959 and Elvis was King and Joe Stuart was doing his "shakey" legged best to make it happen. Note Bill's break......whole bunch of signature licks tossed in...

Joe was the ultimate...
Page 1 of 2 1 2