Search:

Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: James tailpiece engraving

Just got off the phone with Bill James (nice guy!) and he's doing the engraving and sending it my way.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Blackgrass: Swamp Dogg Announces New Album

Thanks for that, Don.
    Bill Monroe was influenced by the African-American fiddler, Arnold Schultz.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnold_Shultz
    In the 1920s and 30s, mainly northern record companies...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Finally, a Lyon & Healy Set

Love when the bass mandolin kicks in! Are you using the D'Addario mandobass string set? Nice round sound.
  4. Replies
    Views

Here you go -- one of my first and favorite arrangements for the Ecco Mandolin Ensemble, Traveller's Prayer by John Renbourn, performed on all L&H Instruments (the dola, cello, and bass from the...
  5. Thread: Aged-tone?

by HoGo
    Replies
    Views

Re: Aged-tone?

Wood will always gets to EMC which depends on RH of air around it. Thermally processed wood has slightly lower EMC and has generally better dimensional stability which was the main argument for doing...
  6. an audience that is engaged with the performer

neat video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H27FChhSi8&t=85s
  7. Replies
    Views

That is very much the plan! The quintet I helm has agreed to do some recording or videos.
  8. Replies
    Views

Finally, a Lyon & Healy Set

It took a good long while and more wheeling and dealing (and spousal apologizing) than I've ever done, but I've managed to put together a full Lyon & Healy Quartet.

All are player grade - the...
  9. Re: What are some of the best Mandolins that you all have played?

My Heiden A5 is my favorite. A friend’s Nugget A5. Don’s Heiden is a beast. Compton’s Gilchrist F4. Berline’s Loar. A Gilchrist F5 Classical at Carter’s.
  10. Re: Learning A Sierra Hull Solo/Fill from 'Cuttin' Grass' For Mar

Sierra Hull Month | Day 4: I Don't Mind

Free sheet music/tab can be found here: https://www.patreon.com/collection/413780

34JISFu0cp8
  11. Re: Learning A Sierra Hull Solo/Fill from 'Cuttin' Grass' For Mar

Sierra Hull Month | Day 3: Breakers Roar

Free sheet music/tab can be found here: https://www.patreon.com/collection/413780

7nsOt0_ErTU?
  12. Re: Learning A Sierra Hull Solo/Fill from 'Cuttin' Grass' For Mar

Sierra Hull Month | Day 2: All The Pretty Colors

VkmVlsQeLRk
  13. Learning A Sierra Hull Solo/Fill from 'Cuttin' Grass' For March!

Since Ronnie McCoury month was so fun I decided to do another month of transcriptions for y'all.

I think I've been asked about Sierra Hull's solos on the Sturgill Simpson albums Cuttin' Grass more...
  14. Thread: DolinmanX

by diptanshu
    Replies
    Views

Re: DolinmanX

https://youtu.be/O2HOE1UXEq0?si=mZthshyqD58hjOME
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: I have an old

The last two digits of my serial numbers signify the year while the first three relate to the number of the instrument.
    So your mandolin is the 46th mandolin I have built and it was completed in...
  16. Replies
    Views

Once Upon a Stormy Morning

Releasing my new album on Band Camp, all instrumental Mandolin ensemble music with an emphasis on Mandocello.

Once Upon a Stormy Morning

Here is the opening track via You tube

B3am4J5_fDI
  17. Como llora una estrella - Venezuelan waltz

This is a famous Venezuelan waltz composed by Antonio Carrillo, it is already going to be a century old...:mandosmiley:
  18. Red Wing: Creativity with Constraints Improv Exercise

I thought folks on this board might be interested in this video I made of the classic western swing fiddle tune Red Wing. I like exercises that force you to be creative within specific parameters - I...
  19. 'Fast Car' Grammy Guitar - connection to Michael Heiden

If you were watching the Grammys this year, maybe you were as taken as I was by the duet between Tracy Chapman and Luke Combs. There's a good quality clip here:

20. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Ronnie McCoury Month (BONUS) | Day 29: Barefoot Nellie

I believe this one was requested in this thread! What a great straight ahead bluegrass break, love it. I thought I'd challenge my core and...
  21. Replies
    Views

Happy Birthday Tom Rozum

May you have a warm, happy and lovely birthday.

One of his wonderful songs, sadly never on an album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv5UPOgGeEQ
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Flinner and Walsh in Galway NY

I would love to catch this show. Fortunately I will get to see a workshop on Mandolin Duos up at WinterGrass with Joe and Andrew Marlin. Should be prettyyy good. If I can get permission to record and...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Two Stellar Northfields At Dusty Strings

Maybe it’s time to lay off going into every thread that contains the word Northfield and questioning or pointing out where they are made and what tier they are in as you seem ignorant on the issue....
  24. Replies
    Views

Flinner and Walsh in Galway NY

Caught Matt Flinner and Joe K Walsh in the very small Upstate NY town of Galway, Matt played a lot of banjo, I forgave him for that as they covered Don Stover's "Things in Life" wonderfully.
    Joe...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Yet Another CF Mandolin?

Hi NDO, our bracing is carbon fiber, so no worries there ;) the only wood part of the instrument is the strap pin block, which lets the screw grip well. The back strap pin will be standard, the front...
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4