Search:

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: In praise of solid body mandolins.

[QUOTE=atsunrise;1734264]Nice, what’s the scale length of the little bass you have there?

It's an octave mandolin 19" scale
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: In praise of solid body mandolins.

I'm a big fan of them. I have many. I also like solidbody octave , which i have many also.

3. Replies
    Views

Re: Ibanez No 516 Mandolin

Looked thru my catalogs and no 516. But i did find online that it was made 1978-1979
  4. Re: What is the most mandolins you've owned at one time?

I had 52 guitars once, i am at 18 now. I had about the same amount of mandolins last year, but i have sold some to pay for others. I'm not sure how many i have now.

5. Re: UK Luthier to build 4 String Solid Body Electric Mandolin

I have 2 solidbody octave mandolins one 4 string and the other 5. I found the 4 on reverb it was a custom order that someone changed thier mind. After talking to the seller Northfield Guitars i...
  6. Re: If your spouse just green-lighted an electric mando ...

With $1000 you could get 2 cheaper ones maybe a 4 string mandobird and a 8 string one should be able to get both under 1k178090
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Stand Recommendations

I use the Proline FRMS1...
  8. Thread: Nomd!

by darrylicshon
    Replies
    Views

Re: Nomd!

Congratulations, love octaves. I am expecting a new one any day , but it is a solidbody elictric 5 string
  9. Re: 4-string emando, what’s the best out there?

I have a few different ones none are very expensive. I like all of them they all are a little different. When it comes to what you want , since you have a mann 5 string all mine except the...
  10. Re: Looking for mandolin fret repair in Atlanta

Maple Street Guitars will do it also they are in buckhead
  11. Re: What can I expect in quality from upgrade?

For that kind of money you could have one made for you
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Looking for info on electric mandolin

That looks a lot like my octave strat. But I am no help in who made it when I bought mine it was just called custom octave mandolin no maker
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Guitar/Mandolin Gig Bag

Since I ride a scooter most if the time, I use a bag like this I just put some extra padding around my mandolin, and my octave also fits...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Favorite Mandolin Picture

Came home a few weeks ago and my other half had gotten me this display cabinet, I love the look with my 3 birds
  15. Re: So... They seem to think I'm starving and homeless?

Many times it has happened to me, at work I usually have many hours off before I go do the load out I work as a stagehand / guitartech so I have lots of dead time, I love playing in the parking...
  16. Re: Cheap electric mandolin- Eastwood, Kentucky, Gold Tone, or...

I like them all everyone has it own quality, I guess these days I like my mandobirds the most , but that changes from time to time
    This is an old photo, I'm missing a few like my Eastwood...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Show your Mando "Gig Rig"!

I've been switching between these, but I bought a Marshall dsl15h and I've been using it mostly

18. Replies
    Views

Re: Home Amp for 5 String

Roland micro cube, which is also battery operated, just in case you want to go outside
  19. Re: Good camcorder and set up for recording a mandolin

I have a zoom qn2 which I'm happy with the video and audio, really easy to use
  20. Re: Anyone familiar with the serial # on this Gibson SG guitar?

Go to Facebook and join a Gibson SG group and they should be able to give you all kinds of info
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Wide/Standard Nut Width: Back and Forth?

I have many different nut widths, but I'm including my octaves and others, to me it takes more to be able to switch between small frets and larger ones
  22. Re: Next logical mandolin to replace a Kentucky KM-650?

If you really don't like your Kentucky sell it add it to the cash you have, then save up some more, then take a trip to some stores and find the one you like
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Strange bridge setup on Ebay mandolin

I have that same model, luckily mine isn't that close, but it is close, but it plays well

24. Replies
    Views

Re: Buyer does not cover PayPal fees

Most items I sell I offer free shipping, just what I am asking for, I eat all fees , that's the way I like to sell my items, definitely not fair to ask for the buyer to pay PayPal fees
  25. Re: Electric Mandolin + headphones for quiet practice

I love red but it's probably not worth 50% more, they all look like they may be made by the same company, I have an Eastwood telephone I really like
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4