Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Was away quite a while...

Clearly pretty out-of-touch now! Need to put some new strings on and start practicing again. Build up the callouses....still, the Ellis is great motivation.
  2. Replies
    Views

Don Stiernberg Interview

Hey friends! Don Stiernberg is one of the world’s great mandolin players. In this video, he chats about his music, career, and connection with the legendary Jethro Burns. Don also gives us some tips...
  3. McClanahan/Don Brown Loar head block/dovetail rebuild, neck reset

Hey everybody! Here's the video of the feb. 18th 1924 Don Brown Loar that I recently performed an extensive repair of rebuilding the head block and the neck dovetail and then resetting the neck.
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Amsterdam picking?

Perfect, we are in touch now. Thank you!!
  5. Replies
    Views

CHOP MELODY STYLE - Jingle Bells

I Wish you all a wonderful Christmas time!!!
    - Jesper

JINGLE BELLS (Chop Melody Style) on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/clcAqMKIuSc
  6. Replies
    Views

Chris Thile - 10 representative tracks.

An impossible task that only an idiot would attempt.

Here’s my take. Hope you enjoy.

https://www.toppermost.co.uk/chris-thile/
  7. Aaron Weinstein's New Apitius yorkville mandolin

Hi all,

I'm so excited by the new mandolin I just received from genius luthier, Oliver Apitius. In my opinion, there is no mandolin that is better suited to Jazz. And it plays like a dream. I...
  8. Replies
    Views

First song of our new band - Woodspell

Hi there!

I'm super happy to share with you the first song of a band we've been trying to start for about a year now. We're called Woodspell and this first song is called Kanda Sunset.

Thanks...
  9. Replies
    Views

TablEdit is back!

Mandozine was hosting a wonderful collection of TablEdit files for mandolin, but as you are probably aware it has not been reliable lately. The site went offline at the beginning of 2019, was...
  10. Replies
    Views

My new and first electric mandolin!

Boy oh boy! I unexpectedly got an Eastwood Mandostang for Christmas and I'm having a blast! For some reason, I jumped right into playing jazz standards (I used to study jazz guitar back in the day)...
  11. F'in Mandolin Shootout with a Nugget, Gilchrist and Hogan!

Hello and Happy New Year!

I wanted to start off my saying I am not a fan of the word shootout because it gives the connotation that I am comparing these mandolins which isn't/wasn't my intention....
  12. President Garfield's Hornpipe - Writing a variation to the melody

Hello there!

I've been having a blast for the last 5 weeks taking online classes from Mr. Dominick Leslie. He's not only a great player, but also a very good teacher!

I wanted to share this...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: The Don Stiernberg Quartet - New Release

This CD is FABULOUS!!! I mean it! Congratulations to my good buddy. Now go buy it y'all!
  14. Replies
    Views

The Don Stiernberg Quartet - New Release

Called Straight Ahead.

Not enough ooo's in Smooth on this one. Simply terrific.

I got mine here

https://donstiernberg.bandcamp.com/album/straight-ahead
  15. Re: Once A Week Jethro Burns Mandolin Playing Discussion

I wish I could have met Jethro. Bet we would have been buddies, although I'm sure he never met a mandolin player he didn't like ('cept ol' Bill:) ). I have been lucky enough to have some time with...
  16. Replies
    Views

Cherokee Lady - Bobby Osborne

Here's my stab at Cherokee Lady by the great Bobby Osborne. It's twice through - the melody, which has some variation, then a second pass, which seems worked out and is way fun to play. Pardon the...
  17. Replies
    Views

Over and Out / Paul Glasse & Aaron Weinstein

Here’s a fiairly new tune I wrote called Over and Out. It basically a blues with a bridge, in the key of F. I made a simple iPhone video of myself playing the melody and the very talented Aaron...
  18. East Tennessee Blues by Joe K. Walsh & Aaron Weinstein

This is what happens during social isolation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sYYgPGmx1M
  19. Replies
    Views

Practicing Bach during the lockdown

Hello, greetings from Spain! We are on the second week of the Covid-19 lockdown, and with lots of time in my hands I'm practicing my arrangement of Bach's cello suites for mandolin. Here is a little...
  20. Replies
    Views

Read Me First

The old Forum software has been reinstalled. But I wasn't done meddling just yet. I saw some things in the other version and decided they had their place here so changes have occurred in the...
  21. Thread: Cedar Hill

by Dawg
    Replies
    Views

Re: Cedar Hill

Thanks for the interest in this, my first, tune! Too set the record straight, here's the "official" chart including tab, which illustrates the fact that I use my pinky on the 7th fret in bars 3 & 4...
  22. Replies
    Views

On Barcelona public television!!

Playing songs and talking about our new record:
    https://beteve.cat/feeel/los-hermanos-cubero
  23. Replies
    Views

Mike Marshall & Brian Oberlin in Germany

Howdy friends of the mandolin,

Mike Marshall and me (and 1400 other guitar and mando players) played the EuroFestival ZupfMusik festival in Bruchsal, Germany last week. Mike stopped by my solo...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: New Northfield Case Is A Winner!

Ivan,

Sorry if you haven’t gotten the answer you’re expecting. Rather than write everyone that sent emails I decided to post inside this thread to try and spread the information around. Here’s...
  25. Replies
    Views

I was on the Galician TV.

Those DPA microphones are awesome.
    http://luartube.crtvg.es/los-hermanos-cubero-trabajando-en-la-mca/
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3