Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Clip on Tuners - finish damage?

Brad, it was pretty much a no-name that I bought from The Mandolin Store a few years ago. I don't have it with me now, but it resembled the Intellitouch you have pictured in post #18.
  2. Re: Mike Compton and a Dec. 1 Loar at Carter Vintage Guitars

As much as I'm a fan of a Bill Monroe and the style he created, I may be an even bigger fan of Compton's take on Monroe's style.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Mixed Feelings...

Jesse, I found it here. No financial interest.
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Snake rattles in your mando??

Any rattlesnake that I spot in my yard will quickly become endangered. The rattles in my Martin came from a 6-foot rattler that was FIGHTING another rattlesnake in my friend's yard last summer. I...
  5. Re: For the bluegrass mandolinist who has everything...

It will cut through, but will it bark?
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Normal????

Yes, but MOD can lead to MAS.
  7. Replies
    Views

Seldom Scene - "Rider"

I love this. Nk9vhhGyRyo
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Jesus Mandolin

Ha! My views on this align pretty close with Wilbur's, but the face looks like the Zig-Zag rolling papers guy to me.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: 10 desert island mandolin tracks?

Big Indian Blues - Mike Compton & David Long (from "Stomp")
    Ghost Driver - Larry Keel & Natural Bridge (Mark Shimick, mandolin) (from "Backwoods")
    Dave Peters Trio - "Live At Ovations" (every track...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Why do we love the mandolin?

That photo is ripe for some photoshop action. Smokin' mando solo, way up the neck.
  11. Re: Mandolin related personalized license plates

How about, MAND-8, since it's an election year?
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Why cant they just leave us alone?

Catchy. But here's my current favorite breakup song:

HNLjKSLcrmE
  13. Re: Guitar repair question - WARNING: No mando content!

UPDATE: The talented and friendly Herb Trotman, owner of Fretted Instruments in Homewood, Alabama, confirmed that I have nothing to worry about on my Martin. He gave my CW a thorough inspection,...
  14. Re: Guitar repair question - WARNING: No mando content!

Thanks for all the info, if it's good enough for Norman, it's good enough for me!

I spoke to my dealer yesterday, and he told me basically the same thing about the slight belly. I will take it...
  15. Replies
    Views

That's what we like about you, man - the sparkling idealism. But I must refute one minor point - my wife says my daughters are just like me - much to her consternation!
  16. Replies
    Views

LOL.

My nine-year-old daughter, a big Taylor Swift fan (well, I think she's more of a Carrie Underwood fan now, but she was on a big TS kick a while back), will sometimes get on me and her older...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: secular songs of praise

I see your point, Bill, and I'm sure my idea of a song of praise is highly influenced by my personal beliefs, which is why I'm opting to (mostly) avoid posting in this very interesting thread.
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: I had a real nightmare last night.

Greg, that sounds like a good hook line for a song, it could be sung to the melody of the Grateful Dead's "Attics Of My Life", or John Hartford's "Gentle On My Mind".
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: All the sudden, everybody's PHISH!

This thread itself has become one of those meandering, formless jam sessions. Every now in then, it threatens to actually resolve back into some resemblance or continuation of the original...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Thanks for the Thanks, Scott T.!

Earnest says:
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Andy Griffith with Roland and Clarence

Just a kick to the top, in memory of Andy. There's some good stuff in this thread.
  22. Replies
    Views

....in case you change your mind:

"That post wasn't really all that helpful, after all!" :))
  23. Replies
    Views

Same here. I remember making the comment, 'Where's the "Like" button?' on a post a couple of weeks ago. Scott replied that there was a similar option on the board that he would look into, so I guess...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Copperhead road

Directly from the source: www.steveearle.net/tabs/tab-cr.php
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Acoustic guitar vs mandolin

I wouldn't say it's harder to learn to play mandolin, but it is different, though there is some crossover of technique. It was actually easier for me to learn mandolin (well, I'm still learning...),...
Page 1 of 2 1 2