Search:

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman El Rey?

No problem. Fretboard has a radius to it.

I really like the feel of the neck - sits nicely in the hand. No pencil thin or tree-trunk. Reminded me of my Paris Swing which has a modern neck carve to...
  2. Replies
    Views

2 considerations - volume and tone. The K&K is going to get you a bit of a better acoustic tone but will cause feedback problems at gigging volumes. For a working musician I would take the El Rey...
  3. Replies
    Views

I got to try an El Rey in a store today and I'm sold.

Beautiful build. Looks great, feels great and - plugged in - sounds great. Even the HSC is done with lots of class. The whole package just...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Kala and Ibanez

No. Both the Harmony and Kala were tuned in 5ths and both worked because of their respective string gauges. The Kala just felt like a toy in comparison.

I guess if I'm suggesting anything it is...
  5. Replies
    Views

Gospel for Tres Cubano

songs: Swing Low, Sweet Chariot 00:00​​ Father Abraham 00:36​​ Are You Washed in the Blood 01:14​​ Amazing Grace 01:49​​

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gvunpZFOEw
  6. Replies
    Views

Glorious fun

Between COVID and a career change, I have had little time or opportunity to play recently. But today I had a rare free couple of hours. I spent them standing too close to a 30w amplifier and...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: New here and new Tenor Guitar

My mandolin is an Alvarez Arkansas Traveler and the Tenor is and Ashbury AT-40
  8. Replies
    Views

New here and new Tenor Guitar

Greetings,

This is my first post here. I have not played guitar or mandolin much in the last ten years because of arthritis in my left wrist. I took up the ukulele when I was 9 and go reinterested...
  9. Thread: Gibson TG-1

by Huck
    Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson TG-1

Rob,

That guitar is gorgeous! The condition looks excellent. I wonder how the aftermarket pickup sounds? Not a huge fan of planetary tuners, but look at how clean they are. And that neck - Wow! I...
  10. Thread: Gibson TG-1

by HQentity
    Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson TG-1

The gorgeous guitar arrived yesterday and my fingers are red raw from all the playing! It is SOO much better than I expected, it plays warmly, and the intonation is absolutely perfect. The frets are...
  11. Thread: Gibson TG-1

by HQentity
    Replies
    Views

Gibson TG-1

Hello all!

I've been a little naughty and bought myself a new guitar, which I'm extremely excited about! A few links below:

Original advert

Video of instrument

Now, a few things I'm...
  12. Re: Thinking about learning fingerstyle on a tenor

That piece is beautiful, Rob...but what about limiting the finger aspect as well to just our distinctive opposable ally? To wit:

https://youtu.be/FfVXJhg4TxA

Full disclosure: My first "frets"...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Advantages of Guitar Bodied Bouzoukis?

I'm sure others have heard him say this too, but Tim O'brien says the advantage is in the airport.
    The case looks like a guitar case, and he says when someone in an airport asks "hey, what's in the...
  14. Re: Thinking about learning fingerstyle on a tenor

I chuckled at the anti-six string comment, and really enjoyed your playing. Now is not the right time for me to give a tenor a try, but you have convinced me that when the right time arrives, I...
  15. Re: Thinking about learning fingerstyle on a tenor

That’s really a pretty piece, Rob. Guitar is lovely, too!
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Tenor guitars

Here's a peek at my three jumbos. Jumbo Mandolin 17" scale, jumbo Tenor Guitar 23" to 24" scale GDAE & jumbo (Tenor) Fiddle 400mm stop length. 190776
  17. Thread: Tenor guitars

by bruce.b
    Replies
    Views

Re: Tenor guitars

Mine are Herb Taylor archtop tenors. I love his archtops, they have a unique, beautiful, powerful tone, and play great. His neck attachment is smart. I took the neck off just to see how to do it,...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Gypsy Jazz stylez tenor

Ah, the grande bouche! I have an Earnest Selma tenor made for me by Joel Eckhaus from some excellent koa I gave him. Petit bouche!

As for a pickup, I would guess an internal microphone or some...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Chase 5 string Fan Fretted Mandolin

Thank you all for your input! I have gone to youir sites and listened with awe and grown in my apprediation of this wonderful site. Thank you Rob, I am proud of the new instrument. I don't know...
  20. Re: Eastwood Classic Tenor - Experiences from other owners?

Hi - not from the UK and FWIW, I have an Eastwood mandocaster and I had good success with two upgrades. 1. I bought new pickups from Almuse in your own UK (pete@peteandsue.force9.co.uk). Pete is a...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Tenor tuning - EBF#C#?

I had been playing in lower tunings this week with the wrong strings (too floppy!) so I decided to try restringing. I didn't have the right strings around for FCGD, but I had the right ones to pull...
  22. Replies
    Views

Recent Session King tenor guitar

Not posted any Session King photos of late - here is one due out the shop today - mahogany back and sides, torrefied sitka top, 22" scale, tuned GDAE.
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Has anyone use a K&K Dual channel preamp

I see it now Rob, missed it the first time I looked.
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Tenor guitar options in Europe

You know, I've read so many different things about it I'm not really sure, but what I do know is that the recent changes they brought in as regards loosening CITES restrictions still didn't cover...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Tenor guitar options in Europe

Yep Jill, that is my understanding and experience as well.

Sorry for the tangent - but a limited run of '38-'43 instruments (mostly 15 series) had this headstock veneer. (I like pearloid headstock...
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4