Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Sam Bush Documentary

Set the alarm clock for 6am to get up and watch it uninterrupted this morning. It was fantastic, really enjoyed it. Rented it on Amazon but would certainly buy a “hard” DVD copy for myself and a...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Case covers

Completely agree with the usefulness of the outside pocket and extra insulation properties. Also, having backpack straps on my case cover is another plus for my frequent plane travel. It’s definitely...
  3. Replies
    Views

Non-Mandolin Content: New Romero Banjo

Hi All:

I don't belong to any banjo forums and felt like I needed to share this incredible instrument with like minded people. Several years ago I was able to get on Jason Romero's wait list and...
  4. Thread: day 1

by MissingString
    Replies
    Views

Re: day 1

Best of luck with a great recovery process. Great idea to practice tremolo. I found this lesson to be helpful especially for using a metronome effectively for trem practice. Chris
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Little Sadie (NMC)

Love playing that song on clawhammer banjo. Easy but powerful.
    Great version Mark! Thanks for posting this.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Kimble A5 Cost

Between $5500-6000.
  7. Re: If you could ask Chris Thile and the Punch Brothers one quest

@dlawson

Thile said Radiohead at MSG. Noam, Critter and Gabe said Vasen (that was a new one for me) who has an excellent Tiny Desk concert. And Paul mentioned a fiddler/violinist whose name...
  8. Re: If you could ask Chris Thile and the Punch Brothers one quest

I went to the vip segment in Boston before the show a couple weeks back. Someone mentioned only about six questions will be taken which is consistent with my experience. Expect about 50 folks in...
  9. Re: NUMD: 2005 Weber Aspen 2........uh.....oh my

Cool review thanks. Interesting about the Mono uke bag. Have one made for an electric guitar and LOVE it.
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: The Ripple that could have been...

Thanks for the insight, agree is pretty great as is! Will definitely try to get to see you performance in NYC, looks like an incredible show.
  11. Replies
    Views

The Ripple that could have been...

Fingers crossed this isn’t duplicate content, I’ve searched the Cafe to be sure...

This video discusses the history of The Grateful Dead’s “Ripple” and has interesting content with Dawg. He...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Incoming Aspen oval hole

Cool mandolin, may it bring you enjoyment and relaxation! We had a neighbor’s Weimaraner who adopted my family when we moved into the neighborhood 13 years ago. “Dog-dog” (my son was 2 y/o at the...
  13. Re: Ellis Torch & Wire and Engraved Tailpiece

168868[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this Ivan. It’s really beautiful. I’m having an open back banjo built (keep your banjo jokes to yourself please LOL) and have been toying with the idea of a crane...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Ronnie McCoury on "Let Her Go"

I had the good fortune to see The Traveling McCoury's live not too many weeks back in Cambridge, MA. They really had it together and one couln't help notice Ronnie was having the time of his life. He...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Can there be only one?

So true it hurts :)
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: ROW Mando extravaganza

You know you must be a mandolin geek when once you’ve finished looking at and trying to identify every instrument you then move on to the cases.... great picture!
  17. Re: Thoughts on Mandolessons, Pegged Nation and other sites

+1 for MandoLessons. NFI whatsoever. I don’t have experience with the others mentioned. I do take private Skype lessons which is my primary means of growth on this journey. If anyone cares to inquire...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Beginner, pick-holding question

Search YouTube for “Sheldon Online Academy, Chris Thile-Pick Hold”. It’s about a 10 minute video and quite excellent for your request. Good luck and happy picking.
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Favourite Funeral Songs/Songs of Mourning

Wayfaring Stranger is another one about the journey of life and (to me) is haunting and very mournful. Also, there is a movie (2012) from Belgium about a bluegrass band called “The Broken Circle...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin to fiddle redux

Some very encouraging posts here, thank you all for the input. I'm fortunate to have a violin/cello luthier nearby my home who set me up with a beautiful old German fiddle (about 90 years old) and...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD - Girouard Studio F5

That’s a beauty, congrats!
  22. Thread: Incoming

by MissingString
    Replies
    Views

Re: Incoming

I was in TME a few days back. Was talking to someone over near the “wall of Martin” when I heard a mandolin barking loudly from across the room. One of the TME guys was standing behind the workbench...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Music in NYC?

This link will be very helpful.

http://www.folkmusicny.org/repeating.html

Also, Google “Mona’s Monday Night Bluegrass Session”. That’s the one to catch if you can only join one!

Have fun, I...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: fatt-dad meets journeybear!

Very cool! Not quite the same but I had the good fortune to run into David Surette at a Traveling McCourys show in Cambridge, MA last week. It was pretty cool to see David getting to appreciate a...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Ballpark for a Dudenbostel

That same Apitius was on consignment for a couple months at Elderly and never sold. I wonder why, the $6k price tag seems like a relative bargain. That piece kept me up a few nights and I sure hope...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3