Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Tony Rice, Wayfaring Stranger, 2011, mandolin at 3:00min

the intro by Tony, even if you are not into guitar, take it in, as one reply said,"we live on the same planet as tony rice, thats got to make you feel special".
    the mandolin is excellent, starts at...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: A-style strap safety

I was a heel button hater until I bought an A5 with a button installed. It’s my prefered way to hang a strap on a non F now. Works for guitar and mandolin
  3. Replies
    Views

This place looks fun....

I've never been there but this looks like a fun little shop....(https://vimeo.com/163365339 If the video fails)
  4. Replies
    Views

New Mandolin Day! Weber A-Style

Picked up a new instrument today! Is a 2014 Weber Gallatin A Style that I bought at the Denver Folklore Center. Sounds so good and looks terrific! The picture is from the store's website.

I...
  5. Replies
    Views

Found a Diamond in the rough!

We made the three hour drive to the Bee 3 Vintage show today. It was good day, came home with a Red Diamond A! Its number 75, its been around a time or two. the strings are darn near rusted and the...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: JazzMando Outrage!

I'm sort of with Ted on this one. . . Even when I was dragged to Keillor's show in Richmond, I found his speach tedious to listen to. I know I'm a bit alone on this matter.

f-d
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Pava Pro or Collings MT2?

Sounds like a fun time in the shop!

I'm really curious what you loved about the Northfield? How was it's volume compared to the MT2? How was the tone of the G and D strings?

I went down to...
  8. Replies
    Views

Mandolin in the great outdoors.

I love playing my mandolin outside. For me not having to plug into the mains is one of the great joys of an acoustic instrument and the mandolin being so small can go wherever I go. I decided to...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: new mando from mandoshop

I'm removing the posting privileges of this account with comment.

First off, I have no opinion positive or negative of the Mando Shop, no experience dealing with them. I think maybe I've had 1-2...
  10. Some killer Pacifica pics by Bethany Burie

While were at IBMA, this past September, I delivered a new Pacifica mandolin to a tremendous young player, Nate Burie.

His sister, Bethany, not only is a talented guitar player (and...
  11. Replies
    Views

Mandozine Redesign

It's been 10 years since the last redesign of Mandozine, with the help of Wendy Anthony and Larry tanner. I decided it's time for another redesign. Some things have moved around, but I kept the...
  12. Thread: Collings love

by ellisppi
    Replies
    Views

Re: Collings love

When Bill started to develop the Collings mandolin, he did consult with Nugget, Gilchrist and Kimble. As most of you know, he spent 6 years working in my shop beside me 1980-86, but I don't how much...
  13. Replies
    Views

Benefit of Mandolin Cafe cap

I was recently in Paris, wearing my fashionable et tres chic new black Mandolin Café ballcap. My wife and I dropped in to Shakespeare's Bookstore near the Cluny Museum - they have a lot of...
  14. Re: Where to move to in US? (Yes, there's mandolin content!)

The ONLY people who say that about Asheville are those that have never been to Paris!!!!

If you're an uptight, crusty, crusty wanna be, then Asheville is definitely not for you. If you want a...
  15. Replies
    Views

New J Boviier A5 Tradition

Well, the inevitable happened to me. I've been playing my Morgan Monroe MDM-2 for about a year, and honestly, had no issues with it whatever. Played easily, looked cool, and especially since the...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: I fought the MAS and the MAS one

It happened.
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Posting Tablature Files?

Hi Reelistic, et. al.
    I have Finale 2012 Print Music, I don't have the professional version, and I am unable to export to a PDF file. However, the dopdf program did work to convert my finale files...
  18. Replies
    Views

Mandolins around Asheville - A report

I just returned from a week's stay near Asheville and spent a good bit of time on a mando quest. I amazes me that Asheville is ground zero for so many great acoustic musicians and bands but does not...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Which one do you practice on the most?

I don't understand the concept of not playing your favorite mandolin just to save it from wear. It needs to be played as much as possible to develop its best tone (and for you to develop your best...
  20. Re: Please tell me I've got enough to sound 'bluegrass'

“I could also add that to my ear, David Grisman, standing beside Jimmy Martin, couldn't play anything that sounded like bluegrass”

Listen to the young Mr Grisman as a member of Red Allen's...
  21. Replies
    Views

Just have to brag!

Hi All. I've been lurking here, but am not one to post much (1st one!). In any event, I just picked up my first mandolin tonight. It is an Eastman 515. Got a good deal on it so I'm pretty pumped...
  22. Re: Please tell me I've got enough to sound 'bluegrass'

What I get from all of this is the OP wants to have an authentic sound. But by his avatar and several threads I would surmise he's more into the modern stuff.

Before I started actually playing an...
  23. Re: Please tell me I've got enough to sound 'bluegrass'

This may be germane (or not).....

With all of the fuss recently over the anniversary of The Beatles appearance on the Ed Sullivan show I've had cause to go back an visit what is my all time...
  24. Thread: New BRW

by John Hill
    Replies
    Views

New BRW

This arrived this from The Mandolin Store last week. Beautiful instrument if you go in for the 2 pointers. Varnish, Adi top, maple everywhere else and needless to say with Ben's work the build...
  25. Replies
    Views

My new Girouard A5

Love this! I may upgrade to a cast tailpiece at some point but what a beauty, Made locally and affordable
Page 1 of 2 1 2