Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Thread: Bluegrass Stomp

by RobP
    Replies
    Views

Re: Bluegrass Stomp

Nice... is that the version from Doc and Dawg?
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Bluegrass Stomp

Nice job, thanks for sharing!
  3. Thread: Ashokan Farewell

by Caleb
    Replies
    Views

Re: Ashokan Farewell

Great playing, and, man, I love that guitar!
  4. Re: How Do You Shoot? Digital Video for Live Performance

I forgot too add...

The best thing I ever did was buy an actual camcorder. The DSLRs produce great looking shots and are outstanding in low light, but I found them to be a major hassle in live...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Battle of Evermore

Great job.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: How to start the day

A tip I got from Al DiMeola is to practice first thing that you wake up. That is when your brain is most child like, and that is when you will discover something new, or break from a rut, etc. it is...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: The nut broke when changing my strings

If you do take it to her, see if she'll cover it on your dental insurance. Assuming, of course, you have a family dental plan. Your mandolin is your child, after all, right? :cool:
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: New Baggs radius

I have a Radius on my F4. It uses a special putty that holds tight but is removable. I've never had it fall off but, mostly out of habit now, I will periodically press it down. The putty has never...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Si Bheag Si Mhor

Really nice - you've done this beautiful tune justice and inspired me to make my version a bit more interesting. Thanks for sharing.
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Bluegrass vs Irish Trad...

Some random thoughts and comparisons from mostly the Irish/Scottish trad side.

On the question of difficulty, I wouldn't call either genre more difficult than the other. I've heard one friend,...
  11. Thread: Simple Gifts

by Londy
    Replies
    Views

Re: Simple Gifts

Real nice video man
  12. Thread: Simple Gifts

by Jess L.
    Replies
    Views

Re: Simple Gifts

That's a pretty tune. :mandosmiley: I'm also intrigued by the video's rotating decorations with the fans on top, interesting design, I've never seen that before, looks cool! :)
  13. Replies
    Views

Bach Fugue from Sonata in G Minor TAB

Hey guys,

This is my first post on the forums here at Mandolin Cafe. I've been checking out the forums for about a year now and figured I'd share something for whoever is interested. Here is a tab...
  14. Re: KM1000 with bigger frets, scoop and radius - WOW!!

Hi folks

Close up photo showing scoop, new frets and hopefully an idea of the radius.

Avaldes - He's a long way from the USA! He's in West Yorkshire in the UK!
  15. Thread: Faded Leather

by sunburst
    Replies
    Views

Re: Faded Leather

Kind of looks familiar...
    This one was colored with leather dye, and it sure looks like this leather chair was colored with the same dye!
  16. Re: Guitar acoustics question (no explicit mando content)

I sort of agree that #1&2 are "spot on" in theory, as long as you realize that the spectrums (of wood & body depth) being defined are not at all a straight line from 0-to-100 at the extreme ends. ...
  17. Re: Your experiences/suggestions for all-in-one PA units?

We used the PW150 coupled with the optional subwoofer. It sounded pretty good to us, but we're not experts. They only reason I'm wary of Powerwerks is that it seems suspiciously cheap and that brand...
  18. Replies
    Views

Going to California

I made this video a while ago with the goal of learning how to make a picture in picture video with a rhythm track and a melody track synched up. :mandosmiley:

19. Replies
    Views

Re: GHS Americana strings

Thanks for the snarky remark. I would appreciate if you don't post anymore of your wisdom.
  20. Replies
    Views

El testament d'Amelia

"El testament d'Amelia" is a catalan folk song, that is probably best known in its arrangement for classical guitar by Miguel LLobet, but it works on the mandolin as well.
    I used it as an exercise...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Factory setup on Eastman

1. There is no factory setup. It is done in the California facility.
    2. The bridges are normally fitted without any accommodation for deformation or settling, and therefore tend to end up too...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Lochaber No More

I like that song, you can definitely hear the mournful lament
  23. Replies
    Views

je suis Charlie

Just this. Thank you for french people.
  24. Re: Recording Interface for Mac OS X Yosemite

http://us.focusrite.com/answerbase/are-focusrite-products-compatible-with-osx-yosemite

The 2i2 does work at 24-bits in class compliant mode on a USB 2.0 connection via Core Audio.

I am not...
  25. Thread: Tremolo

by crisscross
    Replies
    Views

Re: Tremolo

For me too, the biggest problem seems to be not so much the tremolo itself, but getting back to normal playing smoothly,without ending the tremolo to soon, in fear that I'll be to late on the next...
Page 1 of 2 1 2