Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. A Couple of Tunes Arranged for Solo Mandolin

I thought I'd share recordings of a couple of my arrangements of old tunes. Both of these tunes have sweet melodies which I think lend themselves to playing around with chord changes, etc. I'm no...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Musings on picks

With hesitation, here is some shameless self-promotion of my thoughts on mandolin picks.

https://youtu.be/03xRAm6bAwU

https://youtu.be/Pv83FfduHgM

There are good pick comparison videos out...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: McClung arm rest and tonegard Gibson F5L

I had a mandolin where there was a bit of an overlap between the Tone Gard padding and the McClung hardware (not quite as much of an overlap as shows in your photo). I would recommend first shifting...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Any experience with Gatti mandolins?

I recently acquired Gatti #26, and wanted to offer a review here.

First of all, I have been in communication with Massimo on and off for about six months, and I have found him to be extremely...
  5. Re: Fingering for section of Vivaldi Concerto in D RV 93

Thanks! I can't remember where I found the score I'm using, but the one on imslp is essentially the same (though you're right that the passage is repeated as part of a full section repeat): ...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Opinion on Calton Case vs. Gator?

Hi Jim. Great to hear from you! With this particular mandolin, I find that the sweet spot for picking is just at the end of the fret board, and it makes a notable difference in tone. In addition,...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Considering a Blue Chip Pick?

I think it's well worth investing in at least one Blue Chip to see if you like it. I find they bring out a bit more of the woody tones of the instrument, while also producing bell clarity to the...