Search:

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Academy (Baron Collins-Hill)

I jumped in and signed up right away. It's a lot of fun and motivation to improve. There is a song of the month challenge and a lot of encouragement available, both to give and receive. Baron is a...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: BRW Tuners and Tailpiece

Hi Charley! Yes, I should have started it here, in equipment. Thank you. I would certainly appreciate the moderators' time and trouble to do so, if they deem it necessary. These aren't the...
  3. Re: Gifted another of my sons an instrument

Wasn’t planning on it, but, hmmm….
  4. Gifted another of my sons an instrument

I am at an age where I can’t play all the instruments I have collected. I have sold a number of them and given each of my three sons various Martins, Nationals and others. It gives me happiness. ...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Christmastime is Here - NMD

Merry Christmas, Eric! Very nice new mando. I know it will bring a lot of enjoyment!
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: DI for K&K pickup?

Can’t beat the the LR Baggs DI box.
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Getting Back To It

Danidog, That is a great story to read! I am glad you found your path back to music and especially the mandolin. I too am 68, and fight the effects of aging, but it is a great way to stay active and...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Kentucky KM855 on sale on Amazon

I agree with you Keith. The Mandolin Store has sold me five mandolins over the years, and they provide great service and an excellent set up. It should be said that a discount price as low as this...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Kentucky KM855 on sale on Amazon

Pat, No, my friend. I was just noticing a lot of discussion about affordable mandolins and thought that someone might be looking for one of these. The highest rung of Kentucky F5 before the 1000...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Help me spend $10k

I don’t think you can go wrong with that great Hogan F5 Pheffernan linked, or the Ellis A5 that Charles E pointed out. I think what JeffD talked about made a lot of sense. I would extrapolate, get...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Kentucky KM700 compared to KM1000

What a great looking mandolin, Roger! Thanks for the photos!
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Kentucky KM700 compared to KM1000

Roger, I love those KM 1000 blacktop versions! You bought it at a great time! I don’t know if they are still in production with the black tops?
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD 2023 Gibson F-5G

You have a tremendous mandolin on your hands, Captain Kirk! I love sunburst and the amazing flamed maple! And no pick click! My congratulations!
  14. Replies
    Views

Captain Kirk, Any update on your new F5G? I am following your saga. Hope you are playing soon!
  15. Replies
    Views

The Chapman’s are extremely honest and service oriented. Always responsive. Good luck with getting things right, soon.
  16. Re: Is Gibson Getting Ready to Roll Out Some New Models?

Pat, Still waiting for yours to hit the market! Just kidding. I know she’s a keeper, but I will admit to some degree of envy.
  17. Replies
    Views

Captain Kirk. I am happy for you to be owning, and eventually playing, your new F5G! It seems incredible that one of our own on the Cafe has bought one of the first newly revised editions of these!...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Willie Nelson’s Bluegrass Album

I get what several of you are saying about the technical use of the term “bluegrass”. However, I like good music and I love it played with string band instruments. It’s just a good record. I like a...
  19. Replies
    Views

Willie Nelson’s Bluegrass Album

Has anyone else heard the album by Willie Nelson called, “Bluegrass: Willie Nelson”? He records some of his hits played to a bluegrass or string band tempo. Dan Tyminski plays mandolin. I am a fan...
  20. Re: Is Gibson Getting Ready to Roll Out Some New Models?

Glassweb, I think it a great thing to provide a 100-year version of the 1923 Loar F5. Who better than the original makers, Gibson? I saw that video of Sam Bush playing it at IBMA and was impressed.
  21. Re: Is Gibson Getting Ready to Roll Out Some New Models?

Glassweb, I appreciate your response and informed opinion. I am gaining more knowledge from those who have gathered information about early Loar specs. Thank you!
  22. Re: Is Gibson Getting Ready to Roll Out Some New Models?

Playing one would be a treat! Also, buying one in a year or two used, would be the way to go.
  23. Re: Is Gibson Getting Ready to Roll Out Some New Models?

Here is a look at the new Gibson F5G in this video. It is about 3/4 of the way through it. The F5G has a new style with a burst on the back, a wider nut, radiused board, and no extension. Also,...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD Kentucky KM 950 Master Model

Stoler, I have to say, the Master Models, 900's-1000's, are very similar in sound to the Gibson mandolins. My F5G is a wonderful instrument. I wanted an A5 bluegrass mandolin with a radiused...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Best strings for vintage Gibson

I have two of the teens Gibson mandolins. I have used both J74’s and Martin lights. Then I put Thomastik-Infeld flatwounds on one and I love them. It is a high price to pay but they last a long...
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4