Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Sierra Hull on Steven Colbert

Don't disagree; Martin's love for banjo and folk/bluegrass music goes 'way back, before he became a comedy superstar, Hollywood actor, author, screenwriter, playwright, Renaissance man –– he's just...
  2. Re: Comments on this inherited Gibson 6160 mando and case?

Very cool! His mando is almost identical to mine -- but his has some added floral pattern on the headstock, pickguard and tuning pegs, patterned tuner plates and a little different rosette. He had...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Sierra Hull on Steven Colbert

Nice shirt, Tim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eqpt8VDdX4
  4. Re: Comments on this inherited Gibson 6160 mando and case?

Some great guitars of all kinds! -- Tele models, Strat models, etc. There are three Lull guitars in my band (none mine, alas!)
    Very sudden, yes, and very sad. The shop seems to be in good hands with...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: I don't like F styles. Anyone else?

Everything was simpler then. Not necessarily better!
    When you opened the hood of your Volvo, you knew what everything was, could usually see what was wrong (damn SU carbs, flimsy generator...
  6. Replies
    Views

Count me in; I had a white 1965 Volvo 122 wagon when I was an undergrad! There was a fellow in Eugene who had a specialty "you pick" old Volvo junkyard. I'd put a dead brake drum in my backpack, get...
  7. Replies
    Views

Three old Volvo guys on one thread! I started with a used 122S in 1965, my first car; drove it to the first "Story of Bluegrass" festival in Fincastle VA in 1966.
    Owned about 6 or 7 over the years,...
  8. Replies
    Views

544! I really wanted a 122 but never had the cash for much. My dad finally gave me his huge 65 Olds Dynamic 88. Still, it got me to where I wanted to go.
  9. Replies
    Views

You'da loved my old Volvo! And, yes it drove to festivals back in the early '70s! I mean some mandolin content is needed!

I also had an Opal wagon. Two doors!

Then we started...
  10. Replies
    Views

You can still find the best of both worlds.

11. Replies
    Views

Very astute observation, wagons are always better than 4 door sedans. But 2 door hatchbacks also look strange
  12. Our version of David Grisman's 'Ricochet' / quarantine video

Just wanted to share this project I was fortunate to be a part of. My best buddy, Brian 'Willie' Williams figured the three mandolin parts to Ricochet, one of the tunes I've dreamed of playing since...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: recommend me an acoustic bass

If you're going the gastank route, I'd recommend the Pontiac T1000 with a middle school Kay 1/2 size neck......
  14. Replies
    Views

Hey man, long time, we gigged for a few years in my original bluegrass band, and had a dude that played a tub, he was a freak, would play so hard his fingers would bleed, of course back then we were...
  15. Replies
    Views

The gas tank bass reminds me of Ron Hyde's hexacone reso-bass ...

https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/threads/107372-Video-Reso-mando-madness-in-two-registers
  16. Re: Ken Cartwright loses home in Oregon fires

I believe he also had a radio program.

Best wishes to him. Ready and able to help if Ken needs it.

We are in Jacksonville, Oregon.. about 8 miles from the ALAMEDA FIRE in Ashland, Talent,...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Stew-mac prices

It depends on the product, the amount of the increase and my customer, but my point isn't about having to make those decisions. My point is about putting speculative information out there about a...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Stew-mac prices

Personally, I don't like bashing, or even putting speculation out there, about any business simply because I don't agree with their pricing. If they had terrible customer service then I could see...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Carters mando set up.

Holy fretwork, Batman! I'm sure that's the Penguin!
  20. Replies
    Views

New Brian Dean LaBraid 10-string

I've been an admirer of Brian's work for many years, particularly the wildly original instrument he built for Joe Brent some years back and when I finally decided I wanted my dream mandolin built, he...
  21. Re: Virtual Shop Tour(s)... I'll show you mine

I'll hop in too. I don't think I've posted this here. I know I did it for a facebook friend group.
    https://www.facebook.com/dale.ludewig.3/posts/10221429997915849
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Immediate Family

Yeah, there's a few of us OC's that remember those names!
    Can't wait to hear more of this, mandolins or no. Thanks for the heads up mtucker, and for the informative rollingstone link Mike!
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Immediate Family

Actually, I'm an old cat. Those guys there are rock 'n roll history. Leland kind of gives it away.
  24. Complete Bach 1st Cello Suite - ukulele in 5ths tuning

I strung my uke like a CGDA mandola, but the strings were too tight, so I tuned down a tone. Fun to play.

https://youtu.be/RmGrb-ulNMY
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Live From Home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp48Uma0kwk
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3